Computer no longer displaying video on monitor

MrSekktor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting although I have been a regular to this website when in need of advice. I built my very first computer last night and everything seemed to work just fine. I was to the point where I was installing programs onto it. I got tired and went to sleep. I woke up to find that the computer was on, but it didn't have a display on the monitor. I kept trying to find a source on the monitor, but it just wouldn't. Everything in the case seems to be working just fine, all fans are spinning. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? As my first build, I'm a bit worried something has gone awry. :( Anything would be appreciated. Thank you.

MrSekktor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
Oh sorry!
Motherboard: Asus M4A87TD EVO
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.2 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Video: N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II
PSU: Corsair GS800
HDD: 1TB

maxinexus

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2007
By my experience it is most likely blown video card. but anyway try if it PC beeps, hope you have motherboard speaker connected. If not pull memories and video card out and try it anyway. Then put only one memory stick and video card back in and try. You may also try to use different DVI or HDMI port. See what happens...sometimes it could just be bad alignment...

good luck.

MrSekktor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2012
The computer turns on, but nothing really boots. A friend and I tried my GPU and ram on another motherboard and they worked fine. We tried some spare parts he had on mine and we got the same results I kept getting. I can't turn the system off via the power switch either. Sorry it took me so long to reply. Also, I never heard any beeps. I don't think my motherboard has an onboard speaker though.