Sign in with
Your question

Fixing evga geforce 9800gt 1gb ddr3 gfx card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2012 8:07:26 AM

i just recently had a power outage and now my gfx card reset back to 1200v1024 and my motherboard is not recognizing my samsung syncmaster 920nw moniter what should i do
February 11, 2012 9:57:49 AM

Just out of curiosity, did you have both monitor and computer plugged into a good surge protector? If not, I suggest you get one ASAP or the next incident could be worse.

At any rate, have you tried going into the video settings to see if you can set it back to 1440 x 900? If it will not, I would suggest reloading the drivers for each. If you do not have the disk, a Google search can find them online. Sounds like your hard drive may have gotten a little scrambled and thus Windows cannot locate the drivers.
m
l
February 19, 2012 6:07:18 AM

tlmck said:
Just out of curiosity, did you have both monitor and computer plugged into a good surge protector? If not, I suggest you get one ASAP or the next incident could be worse.

At any rate, have you tried going into the video settings to see if you can set it back to 1440 x 900? If it will not, I would suggest reloading the drivers for each. If you do not have the disk, a Google search can find them online. Sounds like your hard drive may have gotten a little scrambled and thus Windows cannot locate the drivers.

well i have them both plugged in to a surge protector but i think that it got messed up so i just might buy a new one
m
l
Related resources
!