unixsac

Distinguished
May 20, 2011
Hi,
I planning to build new computer soon and I need your advice/suggestion and help me save some money too. This my new built mainly for game and encode movie.

Case: Corsair 650D
PS: Corsair 750 HX (I dont know I should get 650 HX is enough for my built or not).
Mobo:Asus Sabertooth Z77
CPU:i7 3770K 3.5 Ghz Ivy Bridge soon came out
Mem: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB ( 2 x 4 GB ) - CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
CPU cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80 (I'm not gonna OC my CPU so what is your suggestion, should I get H40,60,70,80?).
GPU: EVGA GTX 570 (I play game with single card only).
OEM: Windows 7 Home Premium (I have a tough choice between Home and Pro, I might play old game like final fantasy 8 and megaman legend, what is your suggestion?).
Soud Card: ASUS PCI-Express x1 7.1 Channel Sound Card XONAR

750W is enough for 2 GTX570s. 550W is enough for a single card. Still, it is a good PSU, just get a smaller one if you are sticking with a single card.

Nice case :)

if not OCing then there is no reason to go with a K series CPU. Even with locked processors you can OC the turbo boost a bit if you want to do a small OC.

LCLs (liquid cooling loops) like the H80 really do not add much to the cooling potential like a true water cooling loop would. Especially if you are not OCing then there is no need to move away from the stock cooler, or a cheap $30 cooler. Still, if it is for looks then stick with the H80... just know that it is not for cooling performance.

570 is a great card (I have one myself and enjoy it a lot), however, the 670 should be out soon and should have much better performance with lower thermals and wattage requirements. Also with the release of the new cards we can still be expecting price drops on nvidia GPUs. Again, 580 works great, and I am not generally one to suggest waiting on buying parts because there is always something coming down the pipe, but as we are in mid release of a product line it is a little different. If your movie encoding used CUDA support then stick with the 570 as it will likely have better gpgpu performance than the 670.

win7 pro's compatibility mode is no guarantee that older games will work properly. Perhaps have a duel boot or virtual drive with winXP for old games if Pro does not work.

If doing analog output then keep the sound card. If doing digital output then just get something like X-Fi MB2.

Even with all my suggestions your original build should be solid, I hope it goes well :)