Gizmo to access TV's without video input

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 22, 2005 11:45:57 AM

Hi all!

In many hotels/motels in Europe (and some in Canada), there are still TV's
without a video input.
I'm looking for an apparatus which would allow me to view my photos on such
a TV .
I would do a search, but I don't know what these things are called.
I'm looking for a small gizmo which doesn't need to be plugged in, or at
least, that would work on 110 / 220 V
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Marcel
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:05:00 PM

Thanks.
At least I know what I'm looking for ;-)
Also thanks for the NTSC/PAL advice.
Cheers!
Marcel

"Celcius" <cosmar@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Hi all!
>
> In many hotels/motels in Europe (and some in Canada), there are still TV's
> without a video input.
> I'm looking for an apparatus which would allow me to view my photos on
such
> a TV .
> I would do a search, but I don't know what these things are called.
> I'm looking for a small gizmo which doesn't need to be plugged in, or at
> least, that would work on 110 / 220 V
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
> Marcel

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 4:03:44 PM

Celcius wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> In many hotels/motels in Europe (and some in Canada), there are still TV's
> without a video input.
> I'm looking for an apparatus which would allow me to view my photos on such
> a TV .
> I would do a search, but I don't know what these things are called.
> I'm looking for a small gizmo which doesn't need to be plugged in, or at
> least, that would work on 110 / 220 V
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
> Marcel

Hi Marcel...

I guess what you're looking for is an RF modulator...

Here's one example...

http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CES10280.html

Take care.

Ken
June 22, 2005 4:46:38 PM

kweitzel@shaw.ca (Ken Weitzel) wrote in
> Celcius wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> In many hotels/motels in Europe (and some in Canada), there are
>> still TV's without a video input.
>> I'm looking for an apparatus which would allow me to view my
>> photos on such a TV .
>> I would do a search, but I don't know what these things are
>> called. I'm looking for a small gizmo which doesn't need to be
>> plugged in, or at least, that would work on 110 / 220 V
>> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>> Marcel
>
> Hi Marcel...
>
> I guess what you're looking for is an RF modulator...
>
> Here's one example...
>
> http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CES10280.html

Just make sure that whatever you get matches the technical standards
of the TV you're connecting to (NTSC/PAL, for example).

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@iphouse.com
Anonymous

Yes, an RF modulator is what you need, with that you can connect even a dvd
player in any tv that doesn't have an av socket.

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

> Celcius wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > In many hotels/motels in Europe (and some in Canada), there are still
TV's
> > without a video input.
> > I'm looking for an apparatus which would allow me to view my photos on
such
> > a TV .
> > I would do a search, but I don't know what these things are called.
> > I'm looking for a small gizmo which doesn't need to be plugged in, or at
> > least, that would work on 110 / 220 V
> > Thanks for any help you can give me.
> > Marcel
>
> Hi Marcel...
>
> I guess what you're looking for is an RF modulator...
>
> Here's one example...
>
> http://www.softwareandstuff.com/CES10280.html
>
> Take care.
>
> Ken

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 9:30:38 PM

"Celcius" <cosmarSànS@MàjusculeS.rogers.com> writes:

>In many hotels/motels in Europe (and some in Canada), there are still TV's
>without a video input.
>I'm looking for an apparatus which would allow me to view my photos on such
>a TV .

Technically, the device is called an RF modulator. It needs to match
both the colour encoding in the current country (NTSC, PAL, SECAM,
several variants of each) and the TV channel frequencies used.

But you may still have a problem. Sometimes the TVs in motel rooms have
a non-removable RF input connnector, designed to make it difficult to
depart with the TV without cutting the cable (and there may be an alarm
system that detects this). So even with a TV set in the room, there may
be no way to get a signal into it.

Dave
!