Windows 7 Network Icon Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russosaur

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
So I had to reinstall the drivers for my WIFI adapter Netgear WN111v2 after doing so I am now having a problem with the network icon reading things wrong, I bugs me A LOT does anyone know how to fix this. I have reinstalled drivers twice with no success.

Here is my problem with a snapshot of my desktop sorry I couldn't think of another way to put a picture on here.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZVZGUAP4

Solution

Hi :)

The windows one is NOT meant to work afterwards as the NETGEAR one takes over...

All the best Brett :)

Russosaur

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

It works you have to hit regular download, then it downloads but il try imageshack.

wifinotworking.png

Try this.... uninstall the netgear drivers again WITH THE NETGEAR STICK NOT CONNECTED...

Then reinstall them FROM THE CD .....with the stick still NOT CONNECTED ...until it instructs you to connect the stick at the end...

Also...make sure you tell the netgear install that you want to use the NETGEAR SMARTWIZARD...NOT use windows wireless...

Russosaur

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011
Okay I got it to work on reboot, but I'm still having the problem of the tray icon not displaying the correct info. It shows the "Network connections are available" when it should show the 5 bars without the yellow star.

The windows one is NOT meant to work afterwards as the NETGEAR one takes over...

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.