camster3

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Well ive asked before, but im still getting microstutter in BF3 and trackmania 2.

This seems to only have started with my new motherboard and CPU

I have reinstalled 4 times to fix the issues, one time it wokred, but i had to reinstall again since no steam game would work, and it started up again.

Ive tried 11.10 through to 12.1 using 11.10 cap 1 through to 12.1 cap 1

I have tried swapping the cards around, playing with the 3D application settings

MY specs are:
Intel Core I7-2600k
AsRock Fatal1ty z68 PRO
Crossfire 6970 (one is a flashed 6950)
8GB DDR3 1333mhz Hynix RAM
Corsair Tx850W

It is defiantly microstutter since its looking choppy, but running at 60 FPS.

This seems to occur when AA is on, but i dont want ot turn it off beacuse this is one of the reason i crossfired
Again, this wokred fine on my 1055T Setup with a lower end Gigabyte board, so why doesnt it work now

G

I'm not sure about trackmania, but as far as BF3 and the frostbyte engine (bc2 as well), I noticed that using AA created a little bit of input lag & input inconsistency on my system. I have a similar system except for a solo gtx 570. Also, which is a bit disheartening, is that Anisotropic Filtering created a little bit of the same thing. I know that it's a frostbyte engine problem. Honestly, try turning off AA and AF in BF3 and see if that fixes your problems. If you're a hardcore FPS player, you should always be running with AA off anyway (the reason here is that the less input lag the better, and AA quite often introduces some). Get back to me and see if just turning AA and AF off fixes this.

Also, the honest truth of the matter between SLI and Crossfire is that microstuttering is more apparent of a problem on Crossfire setups. Nvidia is a step ahead in that game of making the problem less apparent.

camster3

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012

This did help, allot, but this was one of the main reasons i bought a crossfiresetup, so i could run everything at max.
I fixed it on trackmania bu turning on GPU/CPU sync

I managed to get it running a bit better with AA on with swapping slots on the GFX cards, and reinstalling the 12.1 drivers with the application profiles