mMode vs MEdia Net

What is the difference between mMode and MEdia Net?
Am using Motorola V551.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"WebLurker" <Weblurker@verizon.net> wrote in message
> What is the difference between mMode and MEdia Net?
> Am using Motorola V551.

This is what medianet looks like: (actual backdoor link)

http://infospace.com/_1_2DUEUDB03Z1MWEP__infow.sbcw/wml11/index.wml?

In <0NQEe.558$x32.458@trndny09> on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:06:52 GMT, "WebLurker"
<Weblurker@verizon.net> wrote:

>What is the difference between mMode and MEdia Net?
>Am using Motorola V551.

mMode = ATTWS (blue)
MEdia = Cingular (orange)

fred

Vast differences in usage though. They are definately NOT the same thing.

Fred

In <QFhFe.27$Tr6.25@lakeread02> on Mon, 25 Jul 2005 22:58:32 -0400, "Fred"
<none@abc.com> wrote:

>> mMode = ATTWS (blue)
>> MEdia = Cingular (orange)

>Vast differences in usage though. They are definately NOT the same thing.

Such as?

The reason I asked is that I wanted to sign up for web access on my V551. I
went to cingulars' site and saw both listed, one for $20 and one for $25 ( a
month unlimited. ) I saw no explanation for the difference between the two
except of course $5.
I am looking for guidance in deciding which to sign up for. My primary use
is driving directions and traffic reports. No interest in downloading games.

"Fred" <none@abc.com> wrote in message news:QFhFe.27$Tr6.25@lakeread02...
> Vast differences in usage though. They are definately NOT the same thing.
>
> Fred
>
> "John Navas" <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> wrote in message
> > [POSTED TO alt.cellular.cingular - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE]
> >
> > In <0NQEe.558$x32.458@trndny09> on Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:06:52 GMT,
> > "WebLurker"
> > <Weblurker@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >>What is the difference between mMode and MEdia Net?
> >>Am using Motorola V551.
> >
> > mMode = ATTWS (blue)
> > MEdia = Cingular (orange)
> >
> > --
> > Best regards, HELP FOR CINGULAR GSM & SONY ERICSSON PHONES:
> > John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/#Cingular>

Which one you can get is simply a matter of which side of Cingular (orange or
blue) you are subscribed to.

In <PkjFe.15014$iR2.6665@trndny02> on Tue, 26 Jul 2005 04:53:03 GMT,