One Huntkey 350W in my system

Phenon ii X3 720 BE @3.5Ghz
M3A78-EM
2x2GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2
HD Samsung 500GB SataII
DVD
1 FAN 120mm + 1 FAN 80MM

I also have one NEW Seventeam 350 W
(When I go to home, I post the PSU models)

Now I'm planning buy one HD 6870 and i really avoid buy new PSU

I'm thinking in leave Seventeam to VGA and Huntkey to another components

How safe is it and How Danger is it ?
Have any specific scheme to use it ?

Thanks !

More about : psu

August 1, 2012 2:01:01 PM

should be fine, just be careful with everything and have a look at PSU linking cables (you can probably use paperclips)
a b ) Power supply
August 1, 2012 3:44:42 PM

I would not do this under any circumstances. Next time buy a PSU big enough for future needs.
Related resources
August 1, 2012 4:13:05 PM

So, the problem is that..i don't buy anything by now

the Huntkey i had on my old config and ST my father bought sometime ago and don't use

If it is so dangerous, i will star thinking about a new PSU ..but i really wanna avoid cause i will spend my money at HD 6870

and for me sell PSU will be hard !

August 1, 2012 5:02:26 PM

fabio-89 said:
So, the problem is that..i don't buy anything by now

the Huntkey i had on my old config and ST my father bought sometime ago and don't use

If it is so dangerous, i will star thinking about a new PSU ..but i really wanna avoid cause i will spend my money at HD 6870

and for me sell PSU will be hard !

No it is not dangerous if you exercise common sense. You can use one to power your motherboard (24 pin/8pin) and the other to power your GPU/fans/extras. If you google it you do not need to buy an adapter. I did this once just for giggles on a crappy old Intel Pentium 4. You can actually splice two wires together so that both PSU's power on when you hit the power button, and power completely off. If you do a bit of google research it is really easy. If i remember correctly it is 2 wires of the 24/22 pin atx plug. Just be careful. Make sure you unplug the power cords from the wall!. If you know how to solder two wires together that would be best, however mine ran just fine for a year with twist screw things.

Edit: I wanna say its pin 14 and 15.
Edit2: I was right, here is a guide that shows you and makes it as simple as possible. Just look at the diagram on the 3rd page to see how it should be connected:

2 PSU 1 Power Button
August 2, 2012 2:00:32 AM

Thank you guys

You really help me a lot

i will do it for while i don't get one PSU
!