Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Computer Beeping problem need help

Last response: in Systems
April 19, 2012 1:09:42 PM

Hi i recently build my PC and it was working fine for 1 week and now everytime i startup it makes a lower pitch beep then a normal pitched beep and it contiues to beep i cheaked everything the fans are all working im not sure if it will display anything as im too scared what will happen.

Im using these specs:

Intel pentium g850
Powercolor 1GB 6870
Gigabyte H61M-S2PV
coolermaster elite 335u with 420w psu
2gb x 2gb DDR3 RAM
seagate sata3 500gb HDD

Please help. Thank you
April 19, 2012 1:28:50 PM

Did you do anything different at the end of that 1 week?

Do you have another computer around with similar parts?

Try taking out one of the RAM sticks and see if it still beeps. If so put it back in and take out the other one instead. Then put both back in and take the video card out. Then take the hard drive out and put the video card back in.

Tell me if the beep stops when you do any of those things.
April 19, 2012 1:36:49 PM

Raiddinn said:
Did you do anything different at the end of that 1 week?

Do you have another computer around with similar parts?

Try taking out one of the RAM sticks and see if it still beeps. If so put it back in and take out the other one instead. Then put both back in and take the video card out. Then take the hard drive out and put the video card back in.

Tell me if the beep stops when you do any of those things.

No i didnt do anything but now i took 1 stick of ram out and it works again. What do i do with the ram now?
Related resources
April 19, 2012 1:43:57 PM

You go get a new ram kit.basically you just fixed the problem faster than it would have taken... So good job!. Glad we could help
April 19, 2012 1:45:27 PM

If there are 4 slots on the motherboard you can try putting it in a different slot and see what happens.

Otherwise, you can look into RMAing, but they may want you to send in both sticks which would leave you without RAM for however long that takes.

You could also just buy a completely different set of RAM. Not sure what maker and model you have now, but if it isn't a good maker and model you could face similar problems in the future with the other stick too.

Tell me what option you would most like to do and I can give you more information as necessary.
April 19, 2012 1:46:27 PM

Rockdpm said:
You go get a new ram kit.basically you just fixed the problem faster than it would have taken... So good job!. Glad we could help

Thanks i cant believe G.Skill will have failed ram soo quickly lucky i have warenty for it. Btw i still got 1 2gb ram stick, can i add a 4gb ram stick to make it 6 gb? thanks

Best solution

April 19, 2012 2:23:48 PM

Any RAM stick can be DOA. One of the biggest differences between RAM maker is how often that happens.

Every RAM maker has some amount of DOAs, even the best ones.

G.Skill is in the middle with Crucial and Kingston with less DOAs and Corsair more.

You can add 1x 4GBs if you want. It isn't generally encouraged, because the ideal is paired sticks of the exact same kind, but it shouldn't hurt anything. Laptops are sold all the time with mismatched pairs and they work OK for the most part.
April 19, 2012 11:23:42 PM

Best answer selected by andy1998.
!