vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hi

recently I formatted my D: Drive( which had win xp loaded in it) from windows 7 as I don't know how to load DOS prompt to run FDISK in win 7
after removing virus from that I also ran "combo fix" on XP but after that

I got boot menu like this

Earlier version of Windows
Windows 7
Windows recovery console (because of combo fix as due to power off it couldn't run properly in XP)

I deleted and re made volume D, to completely remove XP but boot menu didn't disappear

so I want to remove these two extra menu, How I can remove them?

Solution
Yeah, you probably plugged it into the wrong connection. The motherboard headers/connections are labeled on the mobo if you look real close. that should prevent you from plugging it into the wrong place. The mobo manual will also tell you in pictures where it goes and it's much easier to read. And you are only supposed to plug in the hd audio OR the ac 97 cable - not both, - depending on what your motherboard supports. I doubt that miss-assembly is covered under warranty. If you have enough wire left over you could possibly manage a splice. Did you burn both ac 97 and hd audio? If not you should be able to use the other one. I don't think you can get a new replacement cable but it won't hurt to look. Most likely you will have...

4745454b

Titan
In win7 click start, and type "config". Click on Control panel, and under system click advanced system settings. This popped up the basic system window. On the left hand side click on advanced system settings. From there click on the advanced tab, and then click on the settings button under start up and recovery. Make sure windows 7 is the default option and uncheck the box for amount of time to display options. (or if you want to leave some time but make it shorter then 30sec change to 5sec, etc.) Click on ok/save as needed to exit.

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hi
Thanks

I did the same as you said, but difference is that win7 is booting early as I set time to 4 sec
But boot menu is same and I want to clear them
as before when we use to delete a window then there only one window menu used to come

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
I think I couldn't make you understand, let me try again

I don't hate to see boot menu
In my Hard disk, C and D are two partition, on C i have win7 and on D I had xp
I formatted D from win 7 directly, even from device manager I recreated d partition (I didn't uninstall XP when I got virus and combofix didn't run properly)
So I successfully formatted D: and there is no operating system in it
But on boot menu it showing 3 options

Earlier version of Windows
Windows 7
Windows recovery console

I want to delete first and third option only from there so I can get only

Windows 7 in menu

thanks

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
First I would like to install linux along with XP so just want to clear extra options

Now I have a big issue other than this, tell me if I need to start another thread

Actually My windows is hanging too much I am unable to use that PC as it just stucks
I tried to reattach cables but its not working today may be tomorrow

to rectify cabling problem I just purchased new cosair smps but my ups can't took its load and also Cabinet is not working with that (smps fan was not running so its due to replace)

after that I used old smps it worked fine but my audio cable of cabinet burnt now I don't if we can change that its also a new chassis from cooler master
in my 946 motherboard it was different port for hd audio I plugged that in as there was only option in socket (one pin less point) but chassis wire had a small plug than current connector on board

it burnt with smoke , now tried to run pc then it running good with old smps and when windows starts (in this short time) it goes off automatically
Now using old chassis and smps but windows hanged

I am tired of it so plz guide

4745454b

Titan
When you install linux I think you get a different boot loader. Those other options won't be there. I'm not sure about this.

You seem to have a lot of issues with the computer currently. I'm not sure if I correctly follow what you have in there now. And worse, even with the part names I'm not looking at them so I probably can't tell you what to try next. Hate to say it but you might need the help of a shop or someone smart nearby who can look at the parts and figure out what to do.

suteck

Distinguished
Try extending the volume in disk management under computer manager (right click my computer, left click manage, find disk management and double click.) select extend volume and remove the D:// partition. when that's done reboot it and see if all the crap disappears. If it did now you can go back in and create a new partition and put whatever you want on it.

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Thanks and thanks a lot
I actually not feels safe to show my PC here as this guy use local things and once my wire melt and burnt because of his product
Luckily got tom's hardware where your kinda guy comes to help

I think I got the problem now first I'll try to do that, My second hard disk was the main cause behind the hang problem,I believe
this time I changed sata cables and currently working from same PC , these cables are at least 2 year old now, may be they need some change now :)

One other thing I want to discuss with you that recently I purchase cooler master elite + cabinet
and as it has hd audio and ac 97 cable when I started PC it burnt

so is it due to wrong connection? as hd audio port in motherboard was diff from chassis socket, so I plugged it in as I could
Or it can be due to SMPS high voltage?
I am not sure that they can burn also, what I think either it won't work or won't fit in socket.
Can it be covered in warranty or we can get seprate wire in market? (I don't have guess as wire in chassis is firmly connected)

suteck

Distinguished
Yeah, you probably plugged it into the wrong connection. The motherboard headers/connections are labeled on the mobo if you look real close. that should prevent you from plugging it into the wrong place. The mobo manual will also tell you in pictures where it goes and it's much easier to read. And you are only supposed to plug in the hd audio OR the ac 97 cable - not both, - depending on what your motherboard supports. I doubt that miss-assembly is covered under warranty. If you have enough wire left over you could possibly manage a splice. Did you burn both ac 97 and hd audio? If not you should be able to use the other one. I don't think you can get a new replacement cable but it won't hurt to look. Most likely you will have to do some serious dismantling of your case to get to where it connects to the front panel.

Solution

vish22

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Hmm thanks suteck
on those pins, mobo manual shows "no connection" but blank space was matching to cable socket
and chassis manual says on motherboard it can be different, and motherboard supports HD it was HD socket
I attached only Hd cable, here is no service center of cooler master
so I hope they will change this chassis, store, scheduled a reverse delivery for it, as I purchased a corsair smps from same store and it was faulty as it also gave a trip to ups and ups started to sound loud
I think 600 VA ups is good for 430 watt smps
Please tell me one thing if I can use any smps(regarding power, in watt) with my PC and ups or smps power must be according usage and ups power?

TRENDING THREADS