Sign in with
Your question

XFX Radeon HD6670 Fan at max speed and monitor not detecting it!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2012 3:24:34 PM

I've had this graphics card for months (five months to be exact) and it's been working beautifully... until a few nights ago... I was on it and got off for 30 minutes and came back with a black screen but the computer running. The graphics card's fan was running at crazy speed and I can hear it from across the room. I've taken it in and out of the pci express slot with no luck. I can run on the integrated graphics card just fine, but when I try to run on my g-card, it doesn't work at all! The computer runs fine the monitor just doesn't show up at all.

Computer Specs:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110622-1503)
Language: English (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 545
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6134MB RAM
Page File: 2445MB used, 9819MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
a c 251 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 3:57:41 PM

There is always the possablity of the card being defective and it would happen no matter how long you have had it. There is a chance that the driver has malfunctioned and I have been hearing a lot of that lately so you could try uninstalling the driver and the card and then juse reinstall it. You can also try shutting down and unpluging the psu and removing the battery and then putting it back and see if by clearing out the cmos it makes any difference.
If none of that works and the card is still under manufacturers warranty then you could give thier tech support a call and open a support ticket because you need one to do a RMA anyway and maybe they have a solution for you.
Related resources
a c 251 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 4:03:31 PM

Let us know how you make out.
February 11, 2012 5:14:40 PM

No luck so far... I'm running out of options. :( 
a c 251 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 5:23:32 PM

Might be time to call the tech support of the card manufacturer , what do you have for a warranty?
When you deleted the drivers for the card and uninstalled the card and put it back in and booted up before the drivers were loaded did the card behave the same way and run the fan at full speed with no display?
February 11, 2012 5:33:34 PM

I think it is time to call tech support. There is a 1-year warranty that came with the card.
I'm running the graphics card in my computer and it's making the same noise. My monitor is connected to the integrated port and if I'd switch it to the graphics card's one, it won't work. Same problem even with the drivers.
a c 251 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 5:36:45 PM

Who knows you may luck out and they could have a solution fo you and you won't have to RMA the card.
February 11, 2012 5:42:57 PM

Yeah, I hope so. Thank you for your help.
a c 251 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 5:45:24 PM

Your welcome.
!