I'm interested in doing a complete upgrade on my system and I'm appealing to you for help.
I posted a couple weeks ago, got some interesting answers, and thought hard about what I really wanted this new build to do.
Approximate Purchase Date: 1-2 Weeks (must be finished before 5/15).
Budget Range: $1500.
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Diablo 3, Starcraft 2 expansions over the next few years, Civ 5), Multimedia, Internet, Excel.
Parts Not Required: Case, Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Speakers, Storage HDD.
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, but I'm going to comparison shop.
1. CPU (Ivy Bridge...but just in case there's a huge run, I'd appreciate a SB option as well).
2. ATX Motherboard (only ever used ASUS, but open to others).
3. CPU Heatsink/Fan + Thermal Compound.
4. RAM (only ever used Corsair, but open to others).
5. OS HDD (leaning towards WD Black, but open to SSD).
6. Graphics Card (only ever used NVIDIA, but open to AMD...will any of the new Kepler cards be out in time?).
7. Power Supply (would like it to be completely modular unless there's a really good reason for permanent cables).
8. DVD/CD Burner (I have one, but it's IDE/PATA...maybe BluRay reader).
9. 80mm Intake Case Fan (attempting to reduce dust inside the case)
The case has a top mounted 80mm exhaust fan and an HDD cage at the bottom so there are a couple size restrictions:
1. PSU max length is 7" (top mounted).
2. Graphics Card max length is 10" (10.5" might clear by millimeters).