Any advice or changes for my rig

Sapphire ATI HD 7850 OC Edition PCI-E 3.0, 2GB 256-bit GDDR5, 920/5000 Mhz, DVI, HDMI, 2x Mini DP, DX11.1, Fan $266.26

Intel Quad Core i5 2500K/3.30GHz/6MB CACHE/LGA1155 CPU $213.00

Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 RED 1600MHz CL8 Unbuffered Vengea Memory for AMD, Intel Dual Channel DDR3 $76.96

ASRock H55M-LE M/B - Intel H55, DDR3 2600+ (OC), PCIE, SATAII, 8 Ch, GB LAN $76.26

Corsair TX-850W Power Supply $170.78

LG Duallayer DVD Burner Sata Black 22x $24.86

Western Digital WD2002FAEX 2TB Caviar Black 64M 3.5" 7200RPM SATA3 Dual Processor $191.85

Antec Nine Hundred Two 900II 902 V3 USB3.0 Gaming Case $135.00

Total,$1,154.97

Trying to keep costs under $1,250 any changes you would recommend I built it using this site http://www.arc.com.au/pub.php
8 answers Last reply
More about advice
  1. Hi! Welcome to the forums.

    -First of all, your PSU is FAR overkill. A 500w would be fine for a single card, a 550-650w for two.
    -That H55 mobo is NOT compatible. You want Z68/Z77/Z75 for the 2500k.
    -The Antec 902 is a pretty case but it has terrible cable management. Something like a HAF 922 or Corsair 400R would be preferable.
    -That HDD is a little expensive. Look for cheaper options, possible 1tb drives. I mean, do you really need 2TB?

    With the money saved grab a 7870.

    Cheers!
  2. Quote:
    -The Antec 902 is a pretty case but it has terrible cable management. Something like a HAF 922 or Corsair 400R would be preferable.


    I'd drop the case to an HAF 912 and invest way more in the motherboard - something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544

    I wouldn't get a 2TB HD without an SSD for your primary - but I also wouldn't get an SSD on a sub-$1200 build either - I would use the remaining $100 and upgrade the GPU to a Radeon 7870: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983

    That PSU is also overkill - Corsair makes good PSUs but there's better ones that are far less expensive. Here's how to better spend on a $1250 build:

    Case: Fractal Design Arc MIDI - $109.99
    PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 - $104.99
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H - $189.99
    CPU: 3.30GHz Intel Core i5-2500K - $219.99
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
    RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB 1333MHz - $42.99
    HD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST - $99.99
    Optical: Lite On Bulk DVD Burner - $17.99
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 - $399.99
    OS: Windows 7 Home Premium - $99.99

    Total: $1,277.91
  3. g-unit1111 said:
    Quote:
    -The Antec 902 is a pretty case but it has terrible cable management. Something like a HAF 922 or Corsair 400R would be preferable.


    I'd drop the case to an HAF 912 and invest way more in the motherboard - something like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544

    I wouldn't get a 2TB HD without an SSD for your primary - but I also wouldn't get an SSD on a sub-$1200 build either - I would use the remaining $100 and upgrade the GPU to a Radeon 7870: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983

    That PSU is also overkill - Corsair makes good PSUs but there's better ones that are far less expensive. Here's how to better spend on a $1250 build:

    Case: Fractal Design Arc MIDI - $109.99
    PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 - $104.99
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-UD5H - $189.99
    CPU: 3.30GHz Intel Core i5-2500K - $219.99
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo - $34.99
    RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB 1333MHz - $42.99
    HD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda ST - $99.99
    Optical: Lite On Bulk DVD Burner - $17.99
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 - $399.99
    OS: Windows 7 Home Premium - $99.99

    Total: $1,277.91


    Probably should have mentioned in post I live in Australia so newegg is no good to me but will take what you have suggested and use it on the site available to me, thanks for the advice :)
  4. striker410 said:
    Hi! Welcome to the forums.

    -First of all, your PSU is FAR overkill. A 500w would be fine for a single card, a 550-650w for two.
    -That H55 mobo is NOT compatible. You want Z68/Z77/Z75 for the 2500k.
    -The Antec 902 is a pretty case but it has terrible cable management. Something like a HAF 922 or Corsair 400R would be preferable.
    -That HDD is a little expensive. Look for cheaper options, possible 1tb drives. I mean, do you really need 2TB?

    With the money saved grab a 7870.

    Cheers!


    Yeah thought my PSU might have been a bit much :), thanks for the warning about the motherboard and the case, also yeah need big hard drive deal with allot of media
  5. Bazuzu said:
    Probably should have mentioned in post I live in Australia so newegg is no good to me but will take what you have suggested and use it on the site available to me, thanks for the advice :)


    Oh yeah it definitely helps to mention where you live because what's available here might not be available in Australia. If there's a store you buy from I can adjust prices accordingly.
  6. g-unit1111 said:
    Oh yeah it definitely helps to mention where you live because what's available here might not be available in Australia. If there's a store you buy from I can adjust prices accordingly.


    There is this site http://www.scorptec.com.au/ and also the site i link in my original post, Thanks so much for your help
  7. This would be a pretty good mobo: http://www.arc.com.au/pub.php?gid=23862&pid=42914&p=product Much more expensive than the one you have listred though. If you want to only go single card, there's cheaper options available.
  8. I would recommend the CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 psu

    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 board this is the best bang for the buck out now

    I would also recommend taking the extra money from the savings and upgrading to the

    7870. gpu but that gpu will need more power so stick with the 650

    Also a cheaper case with more air

    you can also pick up a ssd for 50 bucks to put windows and some other programs on and let me tell you my pc is so much faster I just got a 50 dollar ssd

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133190
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157271
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020
    http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ssd&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=imvnsr&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=15667659043283129457&sa=X&ei=9WiQT4PHA8XCswaqpoC4BA&ved=0CGcQ8wIwAQ
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product