Sign in with
Your question

Shipping graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2012 5:46:09 PM

Im selling my old graphics card on ebay and i have all the orgional packaging except for the plastic anti static bag. It has pink bubble foam on the back of it that it came with, then its inside a clear plastic shell, inside a box inside another box. Will it be ok or do i need to find an anti static bag?

Thanks

More about : shipping graphics card

a c 253 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 6:00:40 PM

If you can get an anti-static bag that would be best but if not put it in a plastic bag or even shrink wrap since plastic doesn't conduct electricity it should be ok.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 6:04:12 PM

Don't use shrink wrap/saran wrap or what ever it's called where you live. The product is designed to stick and generates alot of static electricity.

IMO go to a used PC parts shop and ask for one they'll probably give it to you. Failing that wrap it in that brown paper you'd use to wrap packages and then packing foam/bubble wrap.
m
l
Related resources
a c 540 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 6:11:58 PM

inzone said:
If you can get an anti-static bag that would be best but if not put it in a plastic bag or even shrink wrap since plastic doesn't conduct electricity it should be ok.

That's the worst thing you can do to a static sensitive device.

An anti-static bag is actually slightly conductive and will dissipate static whereas a non-anti-static plastic bag or shrink wrap will accumulate static charge and potentially damage the device.
m
l
a c 253 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 6:20:43 PM

Well , I guess I better not use a screwdriver with a plastic handle around electricity because aparently plastic now conducts an electric charge.
m
l
a c 105 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 6:28:37 PM

the "saran" wrap does hold a lot of static electricity. Bad move to use it as stated. If this is a resale item, to keep good faith, wrap it in a "real" anti-static bag before shipping.

bad uneducated remark about the screw driver. NOT the same thing.

if you have hair and plastic wrap..... unroll some and move it across the top of your head slightly above your hair........ what happens ? if you say nothing you didn't do it or you're not being honest.
m
l
February 11, 2012 6:56:46 PM

Ok so ill try to find a real anti static bag but if not put it in a brown paperbag or send as is?
m
l
a c 540 U Graphics card
February 11, 2012 7:02:38 PM

tcfraz said:
Ok so ill try to find a real anti static bag but if not put it in a brown paperbag or send as is?

I would send it as it is unless its bouncing around inside that clear plastic shell. If its bouncing round I would place some crumpled paper in there to prevent the movement.
m
l
!