Is this a good build for gaming?

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
hey! so, i live in Israel- so i will translate and convert everything i can from what i will post-
so i want a good Computer for gaming, and my budget is around 1100$ (Roughly converted) so i asked in a forum (Israeli) and they offered me this:
http://www.tm*s.*co.il/prev*iew/spec/pm*aglnkj
(without *)
translation:
1. Processor- around 284$
2. Processor Cooling- around 55$
3. MotherBoard- around 143$
4. forgot its name. the box thingy you put everything inside... around 93$
5. Power supply- around 98$
6. Memory(X2)-around 61$ (both) 30.5$ (each)
7. Hard Disk- around 154$
8. graphics card (x2-SLI)- around 212$ (both) 106$ (each)
9. Drive- around 26$
10. Building- free
11. Processor OC- Free
final- around 1126$. slightly above- but i can afford it.

now how good is this build?
whats the maximum i can OC the Processor?
will I have to/Should I OC any other component?

My original pick was a single Radeon HD 5970. would it be better- cause it makes only slightly better performance then GTX 460 SLI, and its more expensive (way more).
thank you!

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
These are all very high quality parts. The prices are higher than they are in the U.S., but I guess that's to be expected.

This processor will OC very well because the multiplier is unlocked. Most 2500ks will easily break 4ghz.

You can overclock graphics cards, but they are much harder and overclock far less than processors.

striker410

Distinguished
That is an excellent build. However, I would suggest getting GTX 460 1GB, as it's cheaper and 2GB offers no advantage in terms of performance at 1920x1080 or below. If the 2GB is cheaper that's fine.

-you'll need a bigger power supply, as the Seasonic 620w does not have the required connectors. Looks for something at 750w.

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012

so what do you think i should do? because i don't think the company that im buying the parts from will OC the Graphics card- only the Processor- up to 4.7 Ghz i think.

the company that i am buying it from is sort of like the cheapest i could find- and they dont have 1GB (if i remember correctly). now as for the 1920X1080- thats what i have right now, and i AM planning on increasing it someday.
about the Power supply- i will see what i can do, but i think its gonna cost me some...
Power supply- i found a 750W:
Seasonic 750W Active PFC 80MM 4*Sata 8-pin
it will cost me around 20$ more. is this one okay?

and what about the graphics card? are these 2 better (performance/price) then Radeon HD 5970?

striker410

Distinguished
The two GTX 460's are without a doubt a better bet than a 5970. Is newer tech available at the store? Could you perhaps grab a pair of GTX 560 ti's? It would be more expensive though.

You need a new power supply. Anything from Corsair, XFX, Seasonic, Silverstone, OCZ or PC Power and Cooling would be fine. You need 4 6-pin connectors. Looks like that Seasonic only has 2.

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
my last post- i described the 750W Seasonic power supply- is it good?
as for the 560- it would cast me around an extra 100$ to do that (both)
ill see what i can do.
BTW- the 2 560 will cost me slightly more then the 5970.

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
last minute change...
i found out- that i dont REALLY need such a Processor. the reason is that most of what i am going to do- is gaming, and been told that 2500K VS 2310 wont be a difference in gaming.
is is true?
because i also dont know alot about OC, so i was suggested not to do that- so there is no way i will destroy anything.
with that- i also should change the Processor- and the cooling, since it wont get TOO hot.
what do you think? if you think this is true can you suggest me a good Processor and then a good Cooling?
The website of the company Processor list is:http://www.tm*s.co.i*l/cat/7*8
(no *)
not alot need to be translated. theres the name in english and pages, and the thing written in red in the menu is "See More"
site for Processor cooling is: http://w*ww.tms.*co.il/ca*t/107
(no *)
same thing to be translated there. only See more.
site for Graphics cards: http://ww*w.tms*.co.il/ca*t/50
(no *)
and site for Graphics car cooling: http://ww*w.tms*.co.il/ca*t/195
Cooling is in case there is no Built In.
now the reason i put Graphics card is because- if i wont pay that much for the Processor, i might go with the idea given here- to upgrade the two 460 to two 560.
it will cost me 50$ each, but maybe ill work it out.
just for you to know, is 560 SLI that much better then 5970? because it will cost nearly the same- + in this site you can see that there is not alot of difference between the two (460 2GB and 560 Ti) http://www*.hwcompare*.com/8870/geforce-gtx-460-2gb-vs-geforce-gtx-560-ti/
(no *)

I game on an i3 right now and don't have any issues since my 560Ti is my bottleneck. I can play most games on High (not Ultra) with AA/AAF on, which look a little better than Ultra with AA/AAF off.

There is actually a pretty big difference between a 460 and 560Ti (from 20-40% in that review), but SLI 460s are pretty damn good at 1920x1080 (used to own a pair). Together they'll be the same or better than a 560Ti. If you can get better for a decent price then go for it.

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
by the way, you told me that this build- while not in israel would cost less. do you think you can tell me about how much it will cost? ($)
if my maximum Budget is around 1195$, (including Screen, keyboard, mouse, speakers and such). do you think you can find a better Build? (though the budget might be less- since Shipping cost.)

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
but do you think its possible to create better? since in Israel everything cost more (obvious reason) maybe if i can build a better computer or this build from the US or anywhere else that it is cheaper, then take it all to israel, it will be better/ cheaper. the thing is, with this build i am not that sure i have enough money for a good screen/monitor, since i want a screen at least as big as mine (21.5 i think) and i cant keep mine, (parents say if i buy a computer- i buy it all so they can use the other one, means they will need a monitor, means they will take the one i have right now)

striker410

Distinguished
No, I don't think I could built it significantly better. A 2500k and GTX 460/560 SLI is going to be about as good as it gets for $1200. Maybe change the GPU's to 7850s if possible but that's about it. Considering you need a screen/OS, we are doing pretty good on price.

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
you think i can get a better price from the US rather from Israel? cause here we pay more for that stuff- and if i buy from the US and i pay like 100$ extra to take it to here, it might cost me less.

It depends on what kind of connectors the video card comes with and what connections the PSU has. Mine came with 2 molex to PCIe 6-pin connectors and my PSU happened to have just molex connectors.

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
another question-
1. in case i am not doing so much editing- or anything like that- i dont need such a strong CPU- right?
sombody gave me a build with a weaker CPU- but he said that i wont be able to OC it.
so how much will this affect gaming?
2. where can i find cheap monitors? i want one at least the size of mine- and all i find will make me reach to around extra 200$ or so.

i5-2500k is the best bang for buck for gaming. OCing doesn't affect gaming too much after 4.5 GHz, but it will help below that and is pretty simple to do. I would stick to 23" monitors as higher than that for 1080p will be above budget and will have low pixels per inch.

No0BoT

Honorable
Apr 19, 2012
yeah- problem is 23" is still really expensive. over here the lowest price i can find for a 23" is this: http://www.tms.co.il/product/10836 and in USD that will be about 226$. i don't think i have a lot more to spend. i will try to find a cheaper one- but so far that is the cheapest i found.
*correction- i just found a 23" that cost around 190$. still a lot- but i am pretty sure that this one is the cheapest 23" in Israel- or at least thats what i found... the name of the monitor is "LCD 23" AOC E2343F". now since this one is the cheapest one, i don't think it is so great....
there is one more which is almost the same price- Horizon T2319 LCD.
The Horizon one is 16X10 and 2MS while the other one is 16X9, and 5MS. (less then 2$ difference)
are these any good?