Sign in with
Your question

Please help - PCI to USB card shuts down?

Last response: in Components
August 1, 2012 11:27:25 PM

I have a pci x1 to usb 3.0 card I bought a week ago. It works, then after about 3 minutes shuts down and does not give power to any of my devices. At first I thought it was because it was not plugged into the psu, so I bought a molex splitter. Plugged it in, but the problem persists.
I'm using a SYBA ADD ON CARD SYBA SY-PEX20073 RTL from Newegg
I installed it using the CD it came with, which had VIA VL800 driver... Have that installed, and in device manager it shows this;

Are there any other drivers I should try to use?

More about : pci usb card shuts

August 2, 2012 2:56:59 AM

Right click on each of thse controllers you have circled and select update drivers - hopefully that'll provide a fix.
m
l
August 2, 2012 3:37:12 AM

did not work.
m
l
Related resources
August 2, 2012 4:04:08 AM

I did think of another thing, when you lose your devices through that card, do any of your controllers still show in the device manager or are they gone? If they are completely gone, I might suggest using a different slot (if available) for the PCI card.
m
l
August 2, 2012 4:29:04 AM

C12Friedman said:
I did think of another thing, when you lose your devices through that card, do any of your controllers still show in the device manager or are they gone? If they are completely gone, I might suggest using a different slot (if available) for the PCI card.

I can't tell as my mouse + keyboard use it so can't look at device manager
m
l
August 2, 2012 4:34:00 AM

maklapro said:
I can't tell as my mouse + keyboard use it so can't look at device manager

Okay lol, skip that - do you have a different slot available to try?
m
l
!