Sign in with
Your question

ATI 5870 2GB Eyefinity 6

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2012 9:17:55 PM

Dear Friends, I have tried to search and read many forums before posting this. I was wondering if any of you can help me in easy language what do I need to setup 6 monitors with this display card. What cables do I need, how to setup six monitors. How to connect the cables? Do I need to buy adapters to make it work? I have bought 3 mini displayport to hdmi adaptors. My displaly card came with 4 displayport cables. I never have seen that kind of cable or ports in monitors ever. Do I need another adaptor to change it back to standard ports or cables? Please help me as for my trading work I need this to setup as soon as possible. Any links will be highly appreciated. I am a computer geek but still when it comes to monitors, active passive, I really can't understand what you guys mean. So please just mention what cable will I need and how to set it up. I need three columns and 2 rows. Thank you

More about : ati 5870 2gb eyefinity

a b C Monitor
February 11, 2012 10:05:43 PM

When setting up that many monitors you do need the display pot cables and they need to be the Active displayport cables. The monitors that you have what do they have for ports? Are they all the same brand and model? You can also go to the AMD/Radeon site and look under Eyefinity and multiple monitors and they will have a lot of info there for connecting up 6 monitors.
m
l
February 12, 2012 6:26:27 PM

inzone said:
When setting up that many monitors you do need the display pot cables and they need to be the Active displayport cables. The monitors that you have what do they have for ports? Are they all the same brand and model? You can also go to the AMD/Radeon site and look under Eyefinity and multiple monitors and they will have a lot of info there for connecting up 6 monitors.

Well.. I have some of the monitors already, a few 23 inch screens, different brand and models, one 25".. I am in stock trading and not planning on playing games on this setup so it doesn't matter what screens are they. And I know they all have vga input, a couple have HDMI and dvi. I read all the forums, but still active inactive ports confuses me alot. I have bought a few mini displayport to HDMI adaptors. I see a few connectors provided with my card that has displayport which I don't have in any monitors. So can you tell me if I buy all mini displayport to hdmi or mini displayport to dvi or vga adaptors, it will work? Whats with active and inactive/passive? What do they mean?

Thanks alot.
m
l
!