FAX

November 15, 2004 5:25:18 PM

Im using the FAX that came with XP. I don't understand how to
turn the monitoring off. I very seldom us it, but required it the other
day. Now I can't turn it off. I don't want to uninstall.... if possible.

Thanks in advance.

More about : fax

Anonymous
November 16, 2004 6:55:28 PM

You can stop and disable the Fax Service via services.msc applet. Click Start/Run and type Services.msc. From the Services list, double-click Fax. Set the Startup type to Disabled. Restart Windows.

To enable the service, set the Startup type to enabled and start the service manually.

How to enable and configure the Fax service in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306550

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User