3770k temps :D

marshal11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
i don't know what the hell is going on here... Ivy Bridge is supposed to have serious heat issues when overclocked. I can't get this thing past 57c OC'd to 4.2GHz with 1.21V and iGPU OC'd to 1450MHz with auto voltage stressing them both to the max... i am using a hyper 212+ and the thermal paste it comes with. the top inch of my fan is above the heatsink because of my tall vengeance RAM being too close to the CPU socket (MSI Z77A GD55) so the heat pipes aren't even getting the maximum amount of airflow possible. i just got my CPU a couple of days ago so it is either one of two things.

1. intel fixed the heat issue. :D

2. i have a rosewill blackhawk case. ( http://www.rosewill.com/products/1594/ProductDetail_Overview.htm ) i have 10 case fans that all push a max of 40CFM except for the rear exhaust which pushes 57CFM.

which one seems the most likely to be giving me such low temps??? this is awesome!! gonna try 4.7GHz. (btw, im using my motherboards CPU temp readings and multiple other programs and they are all giving me the same temps so i don't think it's a false reading)

Solution

Wow that's a nice overclock with extremely low temperatures.

I think your 10 case fans has something to do with...

marshal11

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2012
can't get it higher than 4.7GHz with 1.27V because i don't feel comfortable raising the voltage any higher than that o_O got it stable with 4.6GHz with 1.24V and i won't go any higher than that. 1.27V is just too mu h for 100MHz and i don't want to know how much it takes to get another 100MHz out of it. :lol: 4.6GHz is much more than enough though. and the temps don't go higher than 65c. left P95 running for 12 hours and no problems. iGPU seems fine too.

but still. what is up with my temps?! do the 10 fans pushing little air make THAT much of a difference or do you think that intel fixed the thermal paste problem?

Wow that's a nice overclock with extremely low temperatures.

I think your 10 case fans has something to do with it, but not TOO much, just a little. Maybe 3-4C at most (I may be wrong).

But like I said earlier, I'm sure you just got extremely lucky, I highly doubt they changed something in the manufacturing process.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS