Dooman58

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
Hello,
I have recently began the endeavor of building my own computer. I seemed to have set everything up correctly, but when I try to connect the computer to my monitor I get VGA/DVI/HDMI (whatever i select) no signal. It is not a monitor issue as when I plug the monitor into my laptop with the same cord it displays.

My specs:
Mobo: P8Z68-V (Asus)
Processor: Intel core i7 2600k 3.4ghz
Video card: Asus GTX560 Ti 448
Ram: 16GB Corsair DDR3 1600
Power supply: 850W (not an issue)

Cooling is adequate.

Any thoughts? Help?

Dooman58

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

I had been connecting it to the monitor with a DVI cable. The only other option is HDMI, which i don't have. And yes, i've tried connecting it to the mobo VGA and the DVI and it doesn't work either.

are you getting any beeps at start up?

anyway remove the 560ti so the motherboard graphics will work. if you can boot successfully you have an issue with the GPU. if you still can't the motherboard, ram, CPU, or PSU has an issue.

FYI when you list your PSU list the brand/model. I am sure with an 850 Watt its fine but some can't even come close to what they say, and even if you "know" its not an issue people are still going to have to ask

Dooman58

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012

I am not getting any beeps on startup.
It can't boot without the card. The issue must be somewhere in the guts.

do the fans spin and stay running, PSU kick on, board lights come on etc. if so

disconnect all the parts from the motherboard except CPU. double Check/reconnect all power connections. make sure motherboard auxiliary 12V (4 or 8 pin) is connected. at this point you ought to at least get a memory warning beep if you try and start (assuming you have a board speaker hooked up). try memory one stick at a time in each slot. if you still have nothing pull and check/reseat the CPU. make sure to look for bent pins in the socket. you will need to clean off and apply new thermal paste when you reinstall it

Dooman58

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2012
I was missing an 8 pin plug, now I feel stupid. There are no more LED's indicating that I have an issue and everything is running fine, but I still get DVI/VGA No signal.