Constant problems with windows 7 or drivers?

spaztastic_43

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I recently installed Windows 7 home premium 32bit, upgrading from Vista and have been having nothing but problems. I am unsure if it is my hardware or software. As soon as I got windows 7 it would freeze every few minutes for a few seconds, locking up the computer when doing high-traffic things such as watching YouTube videos. But I could usually get away with surfing the web. Sometimes when it froze my video card would crash but I do not believe that my video card is the problem. I have my video card driver installed and everything worked fine before I upgraded to Windows 7. A few days ago the freezing began to slow down and it would not freeze nearly as much anymore. I could get away with watching a few videos on YouTube, surfing the web and even play some Minecraft, with occasional freezes. Now recently, it began to boot up slow and stall at the loading screen to Windows 7, but it would eventually go in and I didn't think much of it. Then it completely froze, but after an hour or so of auto-repair it began to boot up all the way but would only boot into a black screen. I could move my mouse around but could not access any commands such as ctrl+alt+delete (this was yesterday night). It would boot up in safe mode but when it finally booted up it began to freeze excessively. I read that this might be caused by over heating, and my computer had been on all day so I decided to check my fans then head off to bed. My fans worked fine and I went to bed. When I turned on my computer in this morning it booted up normally without anymore problems but is now freezing excessively, like when it was in saftey mode. Everything locks up. I am unable to move my mouse, keyboard is unresponsive and no commands such as alt tab or ctrl alt delete will respond until it stops freezing. This happens every 15-20 seconds or so and I am extremely frustrated. And now most recently I got the blue screen of death and it says BAD_POOL_HEADER. I don't know what's going on, I tried googling everything I could on a siblings PC (The one I am on now) but to no avail. I'm not very tech savvy and no one I know is very tech savvy either so I can't open up my computer case and just start moving things around and figure out the problem. I just got a computer a year and a half ago. I have no idea what do. Please help me. I'm sorry for the wall of text and for my poor English. Thank you very much.

Hi :)

I would save all your important data and do a fresh install of WINDOWS 7 after formatting the hard drive during the install....you WILL lose ALL your stuff doing this so save it FIRST!

If you still have problems afterwards its a hardware problem, but we saw a lot of this when Vista was upgraded rather than a clean install...

Make sure you save all your Windows 7 drivers as well...

All the best Brett :)

spaztastic_43

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

I have already done that. I re-downloaded win-7 to see if anything was corrupted but still had the same problem after the re-installation. Thank you for your help.

Hi :)

Are you saying when you reinstalled that you FORMATTED THE HARD DRIVE as I suggested?

If you did then ALL of your stuff...data, photos, all programs would have vanished ?

I did NOT mean reinstall 7 over the top where all your stuff would all be there once you were back into windows...

All the best Brett :)

spaztastic_43

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012

Yes I reformatted that it what I meant.