Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

What is the different between i7 3770k vs 3770s ?

Last response: in CPUs
Share
August 2, 2012 11:21:12 AM

Hello, i am having trouble between the i7 3770k and the i7 3770s. i am trying to build a low budget pc for 3d modeling, video editing, and gaming,but i first need to know which processor (i7 3770k and the i7 3770s) is right. any help will be appreciated :pt1cable: 

More about : 3770k 3770s

Best solution

August 2, 2012 11:26:27 AM

The 'k' denotes a chip that is over-clocking friendly. Unless you plan over-clocking don't waste your money.

Q
Share
August 2, 2012 11:28:50 AM

thanks, but is it perfect for my needs listed above?
Score
0
Related resources
August 2, 2012 11:39:39 AM

i7 3770 basically u can go with it its a lil cheaper than 3770k because its locked u can overclock it but its a lil risky i7 3770 is super good for gaming go with it u wont regret it if u have more cash u can go with better ones 6 core i7 3930k or 3930 3920k 3920s
they are really fast in terms of performance.
Score
0
a c 80 à CPUs
August 2, 2012 12:04:34 PM

here's a comparison between 3770k and 3770s.
http://ark.intel.com/compare/65524,65523
3770s is a lower tdp cpu aimed at environments where lower power use is a concern.
3770k has unlocked multiplier which can be easily overclocked. suitable for power users, people who want performance from their rigs.
for your needs, 3770k will be more fitting (between the two cpus). imo those two cpus don't exactly fit 'low budget'. :) 
Score
0
August 3, 2012 5:56:17 AM

de5_Roy said:
here's a comparison between 3770k and 3770s.
http://ark.intel.com/compare/65524,65523
3770s is a lower tdp cpu aimed at environments where lower power use is a concern.
3770k has unlocked multiplier which can be easily overclocked. suitable for power users, people who want performance from their rigs.
for your needs, 3770k will be more fitting (between the two cpus). imo those two cpus don't exactly fit 'low budget'. :) 


thanks, and since, i am most likely getting the 3770k, is it necessary tho get a high performance motherboard (like the asus maximus V) for it to operate at full potential?

I was also wondering, is asl or crossfire neccessary for having a single graphics card?
Score
0
a c 80 à CPUs
August 3, 2012 6:17:45 AM

ahvav said:
thanks, and since, i am most likely getting the 3770k, is it necessary tho get a high performance motherboard (like the asus maximus V) for it to operate at full potential?

I was also wondering, is asl or crossfire neccessary for having a single graphics card?

higher end motherboards often allow for better overclocking, has more features, better vrm cooling etc. 'full potential' depends on multiple factors e.g. your cpu's overclockability as all cpus are different, motherboard's power delivery setup, cooling system, case airflow, psu etc. check overclocking and motherboards forum sections for better info.
asl? did you mean sli (nvidia's way of combining two gpus)? crossfire and sli do not apply to single gfx card. but it's nice to have those support in case you want to add another gfx card in the future.
Score
0
August 3, 2012 6:22:20 AM

de5_Roy said:
higher end motherboards often allow for better overclocking, has more features, better vrm cooling etc. 'full potential' depends on multiple factors e.g. your cpu's overclockability as all cpus are different, motherboard's power delivery setup, cooling system, case airflow, psu etc. check overclocking and motherboards forum sections for better info.
asl? did you mean sli (nvidia's way of combining two gpus)? crossfire and sli do not apply to single gfx card. but it's nice to have those support in case you want to add another gfx card in the future.

thanks for answering my questions, and I in fact meant sli

one more question if you don't mind,


Do you know of any search engines for finding motherboards, or graphics cards, i would like to have a very nice asus motherboard and an nvidia graphics card.

and how do you you usually search for hardware?
Score
0
a c 80 à CPUs
August 3, 2012 6:35:07 AM

ahvav said:
thanks for answering my questions, and I in fact meant sli

one more question if you don't mind,


Do you know of any search engines for finding motherboards, or graphics cards, i would like to have a very nice asus motherboard and an nvidia graphics card.

and how do you you usually search for hardware?

if you want to find reviews, try hardware sites like tomshardware or anandtech for hardware reviews. google is also helpful (make sure you visit the safe and legit links).
if you want to buy, try your local online shops that sell computer hardware. in u.s. there are sites like newegg.com, pccasegear etc.
tom's homepage has all sections at the top of the page. click on 'motherboards' or 'graphics cards' to bring up the corresponding articles.
the following links are for reference only, since you didn't say where you're gonna buy from or your budget (imo you'll get better help from mobo, gfx cards and oc forums):
asus z77v pro
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
geforce gtx 670
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
afaik there is no search engine that simply brings up good hardware along with reviews and prices. you gotta search for them using different hardware sites, ask in the forums.
Score
0
December 16, 2012 10:59:54 AM

Best answer selected by Ahvav.
Score
0
!