Can't install windows 7 on newly built PC

MarkoJ

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Hi, guys,
I have built my first PC this week. Yesterday I was trying to install Windows 7 on it and hit the problem.
I boot it from the Cd-DVD drive and everything is fine, it starts loading.
It warns me that it may need to restart few times during the installation process.
Having install some files, it tryes to restart goes to Dos, in the top left corner the words appear -LOADING WINDOWS -
Then it just hangs there and nothing else happens. I was up all night trying this and that way. The same result.
Any help would be appreciated..

MarkoJ

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

Oh.. I would restart it after five minutes or so each time. Will try leaving it there for longer. I thought it was frozen

MarkoJ

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

It is, but it is an upgrade version. I have an XP disk, but it's old, I thought I could just install an upgrade as it is allows custom install

MarkoJ

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012

Thank you for your advice.
I am trying it now. It has been almost half an hour and it still says LOADING WINDOWS and the little cursor is flashing underneath, but nothing else is happening, It is also very quiet. It just hangs there

MarkoJ

Honorable
Apr 15, 2012
Just thought I should post an update. I have disconnected everything apart from the CD and the hard drive, set up the former as a default.
Used Windows XP disk, Window 7 was not working and booted from the Cd-DVD drive. It worked. I am still troubleshooting but it is nearly done now.