Which Tom Clancy Game?

The only one I've played was Ghost Recon and I didn't care for it...too
much tactical planning, etc. I prefer a more traditional shooter. My
favorite games are the Halo series.

Which Clancy game is more like Halo, MOH, etc? Splinter Cell, Pandora,
etc? Thanks.

plin321@aol.com wrote:
> The only one I've played was Ghost Recon and I didn't care for
it...too
> much tactical planning, etc. I prefer a more traditional shooter. My
> favorite games are the Halo series.
>
> Which Clancy game is more like Halo, MOH, etc? Splinter Cell,
Pandora,
> etc? Thanks.

Pick up Rainbow Six: Black Arrow. The original RS is also there but
there are a few online issues line leanwalking that they fixed in Black
Arrow. Of course, BA has its own multiplayer issues, like sometimes not
being able to join a game, canister(BA's "flag") vanishing from the map
or being irretrievable etc. But it was a fun game before Halo2 and a
lot of people still play it online. Be aware that a sequel is on the
cards, Rainbow Six: Lockdown. The release date keeps geting pushed back
and now it might come as a 360 title (my speculation, nothing official
as yet).

Splinter Cell series belongs to the stealth genre that you would love
if you liked games like Thief.

plin321@aol.com wrote:
> The only one I've played was Ghost Recon and I didn't care for
it...too
> much tactical planning, etc. I prefer a more traditional shooter. My
> favorite games are the Halo series.
>
> Which Clancy game is more like Halo, MOH, etc? Splinter Cell,
Pandora,
> etc? Thanks.

None of the Splinter Cell games would fall into those categories as
they are all stealth-based games.

What could possibly work for you is Ghost Recon 3. It's not as
tactical as the previous Ghost Recon games and is more action oriented.

DNA wrote:
> plin321@aol.com wrote:
>
>>The only one I've played was Ghost Recon and I didn't care for
>
> it...too
>
>>much tactical planning, etc. I prefer a more traditional shooter. My
>>favorite games are the Halo series.
>>
>>Which Clancy game is more like Halo, MOH, etc? Splinter Cell,
>
> Pandora,
>
>>etc? Thanks.
>

> Pick up Rainbow Six: Black Arrow. The original RS is also there but
> there are a few online issues line leanwalking that they fixed in Black
> Arrow. Of course, BA has its own multiplayer issues, like sometimes not
> being able to join a game, canister(BA's "flag") vanishing from the map
> or being irretrievable etc. But it was a fun game before Halo2 and a
> lot of people still play it online. Be aware that a sequel is on the
> cards, Rainbow Six: Lockdown. The release date keeps geting pushed back
> and now it might come as a 360 title (my speculation, nothing official
> as yet).
>
> Splinter Cell series belongs to the stealth genre that you would love
> if you liked games like Thief.

Honestly none of those games are like a Halo or a MoH. Rainbow Six is
more tactical like Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell is very slow stealth based...

Robert P Holley wrote:
> plin321@aol.com wrote:
>
>>The only one I've played was Ghost Recon and I didn't care for
>
> it...too
>
>>much tactical planning, etc. I prefer a more traditional shooter. My
>>favorite games are the Halo series.
>>
>>Which Clancy game is more like Halo, MOH, etc? Splinter Cell,
>
> Pandora,
>
>>etc? Thanks.
>

> None of the Splinter Cell games would fall into those categories as
> they are all stealth-based games.
>
> What could possibly work for you is Ghost Recon 3. It's not as
> tactical as the previous Ghost Recon games and is more action oriented.

1. Halo: Combat Evolved
2. Halo 2
3. Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
4. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
5. Doom 3
6. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
7. TimeSplitters 2
8. Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict
9. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
10. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow

Using gamerankings.com the top 10 rated FPS for the Xbox are those
above, so try some of those...which you can likely mark off the TC stuff
and Halo. Riddick is a great game, Brothers in Arms is good also.

Use http://www.gamerankings.com
Use the advanced search there to search by genre/platform/etc..