Sony vaio vgn-nr498e card reader driver for win 7

ellocofeo

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I just upgrade my comp.to windows 7 evrything it's working fine but the mass storage controller no drivers for it.Some one told me that the driver for win. vista were compatible with win.7 I try to load it but the comp don't let me.It said no compatible.It's anyone out there with the same problem?Please help :pfff:

winoutreach5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Hi Godinho,

It does appear as though the Sony Vaio VGN-NR498E/S is indeed compatible with both Windows 7 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit. It does appear, however, that the mass storage drivers are not yet available for Windows 7 32-bit, just as you said. The Windows Vista 32-bit drivers for the memory card reader/writer are available here and may need to be installed in compatibility mode as another member stated.

For your convenience I have included the instructions for Compatibility Hardware Device Drivers by Microsoft MVP, Ronnie Vernon, from the TechNet forums:

COMPATIBILITY HARDWARE DEVICE DRIVERS:

1. Place the driver installation file on the Desktop.

2. Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab. Select the appropriate options in from the list. In your case, you would select Windows Vista.

3. Click Apply/OK.

4. Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

You may also want to try to download the driver directly using Windows Update integrated into Windows 7. To learn more about Windows Update and driver downloads, Update a driver for hardware that isn’t working properly is a highly recommended resource. Though this resource does emphasize Windows Vista, its outlined steps are still applicable to Windows 7.

Jessica
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro

Renato Varoli

Reputable
Jul 30, 2014
I've finally found the mtfk driver...you can download it from my drive at:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwF5s4e35Pi1RmFoa3NsdXVPenM&usp=sharing