Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Low Minecraft FPS after 1.2.5 Update

Last response: in Systems
Share
April 20, 2012 4:52:53 PM

Hello. Before 1.2.5 update I was getting about 110-190FPS even with a 128x texture pack. After the update I started getting only about 105FPS but it would randomly dip to like 45-55. Spoutcraft was giving me the same issues!

I deleted the Minecraft Exe and folder in app data and when I created a new world now i am only getting about 45-90 and I should easily get higher!

My specs:
AMD X4 955 @ 3.81ghz
8GB 1600 GSKILL RIPJAWS
750w Corsair HX
ASUS M5A99X EVO
EVGA GTX 570 HD

Heres a screenshot (I think it could be a MC/Java memory issue but idk):
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1708/20120420123701....

This is really bugging me because my sytem should run it no problem at atleast 80+ min.
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2012 4:58:43 PM

Are you noticing any lag/stutter in the game? If not, I wouldn't get too excited. Your computer could be sending 9001 FPS, your monitor is limited to 60. When you watch a DVD or a movie on the big screen in the theater, you're watching it at 24FPS.

60hz monitor=60FPS
m
0
l
April 20, 2012 5:08:46 PM

nekulturny said:
Are you noticing any lag/stutter in the game? If not, I wouldn't get too excited. Your computer could be sending 9001 FPS, your monitor is limited to 60. When you watch a DVD or a movie on the big screen in the theater, you're watching it at 24FPS.

60hz monitor=60FPS

yes when it does that theres huge shutter. I understand 60hz is limited to seeing 60FPS but it can drop to like 45FPS and before a fps drop was never below 100FPS
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2012 5:25:58 PM

wheelzz said:
yes when it does that theres huge shutter. I understand 60hz is limited to seeing 60FPS but it can drop to like 45FPS and before a fps drop was never below 100FPS



Unless the problem is occurring while playing other games, I would be inclined to blame the game developer for a bad update. I play Runescape myself, I know the feeling when they screw up an update and cause lag and FPS problems. Just make sure all your drivers are up to date on your end, and thats really all you can do.
m
0
l
April 20, 2012 5:51:50 PM

nekulturny said:
Unless the problem is occurring while playing other games, I would be inclined to blame the game developer for a bad update. I play Runescape myself, I know the feeling when they screw up an update and cause lag and FPS problems. Just make sure all your drivers are up to date on your end, and thats really all you can do.

thanks. you play rs? You have a 4GHz 975 and a 550TI for Rs? Or do you play other stuff? Im not hating, I played it for years!
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2012 6:12:18 PM

Yea his system can handle Runescape, I mean it is... a Low resource game. the thing that matters is RAM. Seeing he has 16GB. Hes set for the next 2-3 years
m
0
l
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2012 6:34:57 PM

wheelzz said:
thanks. you play rs? You have a 4GHz 975 and a 550TI for Rs? Or do you play other stuff? Im not hating, I played it for years!



No I'm not a heavy gamer, my boyfriend is though, but he has his own computer for it. Hes got an i5-2400 with a GTX 460, both of our computers can handle Skyrim and Mass Effect 3, WOW and all that fancy stuff. My CPU is overclocked more for the sake of "Because I can", than out of necessity, Runescape only uses a single core.
Runescape however for the past few months has been having flaws with their coding, I've seen people on their forums who have computers way better/more expensive than mine have lag issues. One guy had dual Xeons, basically his "gaming computer" was a server, and he was lagging in Runescape.
m
0
l
!