Windows XP Theme + Classic Taskbar

Hi,

Is there a way I can keep Windows XP theme but have the classic task bar?

What I most like about the XP blue theme is the UI stuff, like
buttons...etc... and the white background in menus and other stuff. I'd love
to have those and have the rest be classic.

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about windows theme classic taskbar

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:09:36 -0500, S. Reicher wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a way I can keep Windows XP theme but have the classic task bar?
    >
    > What I most like about the XP blue theme is the UI stuff, like
    > buttons...etc... and the white background in menus and other stuff. I'd love
    > to have those and have the rest be classic.
    >

    > Thanks

    Display Properties> Theme : Windows XP theme
    Taskbar & Start Menu Properties: Check box to use classic start menu.

    The taskbar and start menu will be skinned using the XP theme but the start
    menu will be classic style.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Thanks,

    I already have the menu as classic. I meant the taskbar itself, the one with
    the beig Start button.

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:44:18 -0500, S. Reicher wrote:

    > Thanks,
    >
    > I already have the menu as classic. I meant the taskbar itself, the one with
    > the beig Start button.

    Using the existing settings in Display or Taskbar/Start Menu properties?
    No. Using just Windows settings, the taskbar will match the desktop's
    theme.

    Some third party theming programs allow you to accomplish a plain taskbar
    and a fancy desktop. For example, what you describe can be accomplished
    using the shareware program named Windows Blinds.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Configuration Taskbar Windows XP Customization Classic