Sign in with
Your question

Selecting the "Best Answer" if no one has resolved the problem

Last response: in Forum Feedback
February 27, 2012 4:35:30 PM

Kind reminders are sent for one to select a "Best Answer" if a problem has been resolved. But, unfortunately, in some cases, the problem is never resolved, despite the best intentions of the forum members.

It turns out that, I have had to try to resolve, on my own, one or two problems, or, have found the answer elsewhere, and so I have mentioned this in my thread on that subject here in this forum. If I could select that as the "Best Answer," it would probably help other forum members searching for that particular solution.

However, I don't think it's allowable to select one's own solution to a problem as "Best Answer," so, my question is, how does one select a "Best Answer" in the event that no other forum member has resolved the issue?

Thanks.
February 27, 2012 10:22:16 PM

If you find the answer somewhere else, you can always post an update to your thread, noting the solution, and PM one of our moderators. We can then select it as the best answer.
February 28, 2012 1:02:40 AM

Please excuse me but, I haven't quite found the way to
Quote:
PM one of our moderators

I searched all over the Forum and "Tomshardware's" homepage, but unfortunately I could not find the link. There is no "Contact Us" button to begin with. Have I missed something?

Could you please send me a "PM" message to my Membership email account in this Forum? I'm guessing this is the only way.

Thank you.
Related resources
February 28, 2012 1:08:38 AM

PM stands for personal message. To do this, just click the little green envelope underneath a member's name. You can do that in an open thread, or by clicking into their profile, and finding the envelope there.
February 28, 2012 1:24:54 AM

aford10 said:
PM stands for personal message. To do this, just click the little green envelope underneath a member's name. You can do that in an open thread, or by clicking into their profile, and finding the envelope there.

Thank you.
February 28, 2012 1:29:59 AM

You're welcome. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.
February 29, 2012 4:21:56 AM

webgirl said:
Kind reminders are sent for one to select a "Best Answer" if a problem has been resolved. But, unfortunately, in some cases, the problem is never resolved, despite the best intentions of the forum members.

It turns out that, I have had to try to resolve, on my own, one or two problems, or, have found the answer elsewhere, and so I have mentioned this in my thread on that subject here in this forum. If I could select that as the "Best Answer," it would probably help other forum members searching for that particular solution.

However, I don't think it's allowable to select one's own solution to a problem as "Best Answer," so, my question is, how does one select a "Best Answer" in the event that no other forum member has resolved the issue?

Thanks.

Also, to be able to select the Best Answer,

it must be in the thread that was posted as a Question thread!

The Discussion thread or the Poll thread have no option for the Best Answer.

Just like your post here, it is a Discussion thread. So, there is no option for BA.
!