• Radeon
  • DVI
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
  • Product
  • Displays
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2012 8:01:14 PM

I have ordered a XFX 7970 Black Edition and plan on doing a three monitor Eyefinity setup. The back of the 7970 has the following connectors:
- HDMI
- 2 Mini Display Ports
- DL-DVI

The monitors I plan on getting only have DVI-D and a VGA input. To properly hookup Eyefinity I think I need to hook it up as follows:

- 1st monitor: DVI to DVI
- 2nd monitor: Mini Display Port connected to an active Mini Display Port to DVI adapter
- 3rd monitor: HDMI connected to an HDMI to DVI adapter

Is this correct???

More about : connections eyefinity monitors

a b C Monitor
February 12, 2012 8:58:11 PM

Yep.
m
l
February 12, 2012 10:03:17 PM

HugoStiglitz said:
Yup thats correct. will work well.

even better if you can get a monitor with a native dispaly port.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999034
looks good for ur Active Mini Display to DVI adapter

So if I get three monitors that have display ports, I won't need an active adapter then?
m
l
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2012 10:13:08 PM

You only need one monitor to connect through displayport for eyefinity with 3 monitors. If the monitor has a displayport, you can connect directly.
m
l
a b C Monitor
February 12, 2012 11:04:02 PM

gms1975 said:
So if I get three monitors that have display ports, I won't need an active adapter then?

Yes that’s correct.
You would connect 2 via Display Port and 1 via DVI

however as azeem40 said you only need 1 monitor to be Display port, then you don’t need any adapters.

If you’re buying it all new they you will want 3 of the exact same display's for a symmetrical look (just means 1 will use DVI not DSP).
m
l
May 11, 2013 8:16:11 PM

I have 2 dvi to dvi and then for my last monitor what do I need is it dvi to mini display port?
m
l
!