atyreal

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
I've been using my computer for about a year, and, suddenly, it just starts an endless reboot loop. Im on windows 7 and it restarts every time right before the log in screen where you see the windows logo. So far I have formatted and reinstalled the system on another hard drive and it still wont work, so it's definitely not the hd. Next I replaced the graphics card, still nothing. Next I tried just reseating everything, took out the cpu, ram, the case lights and pretty much everything else and replaced it right back. Still nothing. So far I think there might be some bent pins on the mobo, it's an i7 930 and a sabertooth x58, but I don't know if it could get that far if it was. I can go into bios, it sees my hard drive. Startup repair also doesn't work, but that should be obvious since a clean install doesn't work. So far, completely lost, the only pieces of hardware I haven't tried replacing are the power supply and the mobo, so I'm making an educated guess and saying it's one or the other, but I wanted to hear any feedback if possible

More information: On safe mode startup it stops at crcdisk.sys on windows vista and something else on 7. In startup repair it says under the error "startuprepairoffline", 6.1.7600.16385, 21200517

atyreal

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Thanks! Tried them already, didn't want to have a two page long story so I didn't list everything at first. Took out the battery, completely reset all bios settings. Tried new ram, different ram voltage settings.. Currently, only mouse, keyboard and monitor are plugged in

atyreal

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

My mobo is a sabertooth x58 so it has an ez flash setting, i may be able to do it through usb.. think that will make a difference? I'll look it up and update with new information

atyreal

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

BIOS updated to newest version, still no login screen:(

atyreal

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
Changed the power cables and sata cables.. code 0x000007B, but that doesn't really relate to the unexpected I/O error i get from startup repair or the startuprepairoffline error I get later on when it fails