Can't access other computer in network/Homegroup

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfactorx

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
I am completely confused on how to access my desktop that is on my Homegroup. When I try to access my desktop from my laptop I get asked to "Enter Network Password". The password I used for my router and my homegroup are both not working and I tried changing my homegroup password without avail.

Can I just completely turn off the homegroup password? On both computers I have opted to turn off password protection for the network but it doesn't seem to change anything.

BTW, I can access my laptop via my desktop but just not vice versa.

I have tried to find user guides but nothing seems to help. I can't even leave the homegroup on my laptop which I find weird.

skaz

Distinguished
When you select the folder to open it and it prompts you for a name and password put the name and password of the computer your connecting to into the boxes.

And yes you can turn off homegroup. I personally found homegroup annoying and just pick and choose my folders that I want to share.

skaz

Distinguished

Like I said...

patfactorx

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

I entered my laptop's name and it doesn't have a password so I just pressed enter but it still doesn't work.

patfactorx

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010

It worked! I had to set a password for my desktop since blank passwords weren't allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.