Favorite Game Resurrection

i was just thinking the other day how psyched i'd be if Smilebit would
develop a new installment of JET SET RADIO FUTURE. i'd love to see a
new, fresh version of the game. it was so unusual, unique, and fun,
that i'd buy it on release day. then i got to thinking, a new version
of FUSION FRENZY could also be very cool. more intense, new games, etc.

are there any xbox favorites that vanished off the radar that you'd
like to see brought back in new form?

just curious, is all.

Fizzlestix wrote:
> i was just thinking the other day how psyched i'd be if Smilebit
would
> develop a new installment of JET SET RADIO FUTURE. i'd love to see a
> new, fresh version of the game. it was so unusual, unique, and fun,
> that i'd buy it on release day. then i got to thinking, a new version
> of FUSION FRENZY could also be very cool. more intense, new games,
etc.

> are there any xbox favorites that vanished off the radar that you'd
> like to see brought back in new form?
>
> just curious, is all.

Jet Set Radio Future II would be the one game to rule them all.

While JSRF was quite strange and I did not finish it by any means it
was highly unique. I am not sure how successful it would be. JSRF got
good ratings from reviewing web sites but in the end they threw it in
with the purchase of a new console.

Andrew Ryan Chang wrote:
> Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:
> >i was just thinking the other day how psyched i'd be if Smilebit
would
> >develop a new installment of JET SET RADIO FUTURE. i'd love to see a
> >new, fresh version of the game. it was so unusual, unique, and fun,
> >that i'd buy it on release day. then i got to thinking, a new
version
> >of FUSION FRENZY could also be very cool. more intense, new games,
etc.

> >are there any xbox favorites that vanished off the radar that you'd
> >like to see brought back in new form?
>
> I third the vote for another JSR game!

That's three confirmed sales for it so far...do you think that's enough
for Smilebit to begin working on another sequel? :)

Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:
>i was just thinking the other day how psyched i'd be if Smilebit would
>develop a new installment of JET SET RADIO FUTURE. i'd love to see a
>new, fresh version of the game. it was so unusual, unique, and fun,
>that i'd buy it on release day. then i got to thinking, a new version
>of FUSION FRENZY could also be very cool. more intense, new games, etc.
>
>are there any xbox favorites that vanished off the radar that you'd
>like to see brought back in new form?

I third the vote for another JSR game!

Also, Nights! Oh, you said XBox games. Hmm. Another
Gunvalkyrie, one that allowed you to turn off vertical invert, at least.
And preferably, one that didn't rely so much on thumbstick clicking.

--
Lisa: Mom, romance is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by
Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece.

Robert P Holley <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote:
>That's three confirmed sales for it so far...do you think that's enough
>for Smilebit to begin working on another sequel? :)

Smilebit was absorbed into one of the more financially successful
internal Sega studios in the Great Consolidation a year or two ago, if I
remember right.

--

I wrote:
>Robert P Holley <holleyrp@delanet.com> wrote:
>>That's three confirmed sales for it so far...do you think that's enough
>>for Smilebit to begin working on another sequel? :)
>
> Smilebit was absorbed into one of the more financially successful
>internal Sega studios in the Great Consolidation a year or two ago, if I
>remember right.

Come to think of it, that's my real pie-in-the-sky wish. Not just
a sequel to JSRF or Gunvalkyrie or PDO, but the resurrection of Smilebit!

--

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message

> are there any xbox favorites that vanished off the radar that you'd
> like to see brought back in new form?

Halo.