Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Okay, so I am running at 1920x1080 on this machine and these are the specs:

8GB RAM (Gskill ripjaws)
FX 4100 CPU (4.3 GHZ oc)
SLI GTX 560 ti's
Sabertooth 990fx mb
1200w PSU.

And In Bf3 I get around 20fps average? It's awful and dissapointing, I'm not sure if the 560's just suck or my CPU is just really bad?

Thanks in advance

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
You are bottlenecked with the 4100. But come on, all the way to 20 FPS? I don't think so, it has shown MUCH better benchmarks than that with lower end cards.

Try this for me; Take out on 560 and run it with a single card. See your performance then. Please post back results.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

show me a realiztic BF3 benchmark then you could reference a BF3 benchmark because every single benchmark i have seen is off multiplayer which doesnt need much cpu power. multiplayer on the other hand needs a good quad core cpu and a 4100 is not a good quad core cpu.

Well thats a obvious cause, Multi player is a little more graphicly intense because depending on server, map and amount of players. the entire system has to render all of this. You should see higher Frames in Single Player than Multi. Make sure your drivers arent the issue. Even tho Drivers are aunlikely issue. I would suspect its your CPU most likely because i have the model above it FX 6100. and i have little bottleneck. I will be a Intel person next but thats besides the point. If your bottle necked. Just OC the CPU if you can. I SLI'd my 560 ti's and i asked would there be a bottle neck and everyone said no but if i did then just OC it to 4.2 like everyone else. Luckily i havnt had to OC.

cyansnow

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012

Well it was a low of 20, sorry for not clarifying, the max was around 40. I took one out and got creamed on ultra.

rocknrollz

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2011
show me a realiztic BF3 benchmark then you could reference a BF3 benchmark because every single benchmark i have seen is off multiplayer which doesnt need much cpu power. multiplayer on the other hand needs a good quad core cpu and a 4100 is not a good quad core cpu.

Not entirely true, a good dual core has proven itself to work great on games. Including the new ones.

cbrunnem

Distinguished

whats your in game cpu usage for both 1 gpu and 2 gpus. what is your gpu usage while playing. run msi afterburner and it has the options to display in game usage.