Is It Broke? Green Light/Red Light Questions

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox,microsoft.public.xbox (More info?)

Small problem. My xbox refuses to start up. Whenever I insert a disc or
power up my xbox the green light blinks for a few seconds then turns red. No
disc read errors on the screen or anything. The screen stays black.

Any ideas?

--
JJ

http://www.cingular.com
http://www.txmma.com

Jiu Jitsuperfly wrote:
> Small problem. My xbox refuses to start up. Whenever I insert a disc
or
> power up my xbox the green light blinks for a few seconds then turns
red. No
> disc read errors on the screen or anything. The screen stays black.
>
> Any ideas?

It should have something about that in the manual. Otherwise, use
google or microsoft to find what the means.

sinner

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

* Jiu Jitsuperfly Wrote in microsoft.public.xbox:

> Small problem. My xbox refuses to start up. Whenever I insert a
> disc or power up my xbox the green light blinks for a few seconds
> then turns red. No disc read errors on the screen or anything. The
> screen stays black.
>
> Any ideas?

When it happend to mine, it had to be sent in for repair....4 times.

--
David

Jiu Jitsuperfly wrote:
> Small problem. My xbox refuses to start up. Whenever I insert a disc or
> power up my xbox the green light blinks for a few seconds then turns red. No
> disc read errors on the screen or anything. The screen stays black.
>
> Any ideas?

Is the red light blinking or solid?

From http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/leds.php:

GREEN for half a sec then RED Flashing:
Bad/Corrupted or Empty Eeprom.

SOLID RED:
System overheated , hardware failure , ...