Belkin f6d4230-421

lyndolw

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
I have been using the Belkin router for about 18 months and it suddenly stopped working. I use a fiber network, which I don't need a modem. My dauthter tried to fix it, but changed the wiring. I believe that the internet should plug into the yellow jack next to the power cord, but that or any other combination no longer works.

I had to talk to 2 technitions when I originally set it up. I will try to find the correct numbers to access the router to see if I can fix it. If I can't fix it tonight, I will have to purchase a new one, but it won't be a Belkin. I need something like a Linksys that is easy to set up. Your help would be appreciated so that I won't have to make this expense.

Thanks,
lyndolw

lyndolw

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2011
Update: I have done a hard reset the router and gotten everything to work except the Wireless. Wired computers plugged into the router work fine. The light doesn't come on. It came on for a brief period, my wife could use her Ipad, and then it stopped. Additional resets have not brought the light back on. I have tried protected mode on and off with no results.

I really need a respones soon. Been shoping for other routers and will have to buy one soon if I can't get the wireless to work.

Thanks,
lyndolw