Area Code Rules Not Working

I have setup the area code rules under Phone and Modem Options/Dialing
Rules/Area Code Rules to dial 1 whenever I call a certain area code.

Today, when I went to fax a document and selected a number from that area
code from my Outlook address book, it failed to follow the rule.

Any suggestions?

"Angeleighs_Mom" <AngeleighsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
| I have setup the area code rules under Phone and Modem Options/Dialing
| Rules/Area Code Rules to dial 1 whenever I call a certain area code.
|
| Today, when I went to fax a document and selected a number from that area
| code from my Outlook address book, it failed to follow the rule.
|
| Any suggestions?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318575
Dialing Rules May Not Be Applied to Tools Such as Fax