The iris recognition biometric identification and digital ..

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b 8 Security
June 22, 2005 11:42:48 PM

Are there any security implications from posting large enough portraits
on the web given that now current iris recognition technologies are
good enough to simply utilize an ordinary digital camera's snap of
enough resolution?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 22, 2005 11:53:27 PM

Mike Henley wrote:
> Are there any security implications from posting large enough portraits
> on the web given that now current iris recognition technologies are
> good enough to simply utilize an ordinary digital camera's snap of
> enough resolution?

I am not sure what you are worried about here, that someone might take
the photo and make a fake eye from it, and there by get into secured
areas?

Me I am not worried.

Scott
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2005 12:40:58 AM

In article <1119494568.123053.52830@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
"Mike Henley" <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are there any security implications from posting large enough portraits
> on the web given that now current iris recognition technologies are
> good enough to simply utilize an ordinary digital camera's snap of
> enough resolution?

Any biometric scanner that's not a toy checks for more than an image -
temperature, pulse, muscle motion, narrow band color spectrums, etc.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 23, 2005 1:33:32 AM

On 22 Jun 2005 19:53:27 -0700, "Scott W" <biphoto@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Mike Henley wrote:
>> Are there any security implications from posting large enough portraits
>> on the web given that now current iris recognition technologies are
>> good enough to simply utilize an ordinary digital camera's snap of
>> enough resolution?
>
>I am not sure what you are worried about here, that someone might take
>the photo and make a fake eye from it, and there by get into secured
>areas?
>
>Me I am not worried.
>
>Scott

You definitely should be!
This was demonstrated in a James Bond movie. I saw it!

--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"