Dot-by-dot setting, does it have one?

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I have an issue which is PC related. I'm having issues with a dvi to vga adapter on my new 560ti. Infact, this is the third one I tried until I worked out what was going on. It seems stupid to supply a dvi to vga adapter if it leaves ripples all over the screen but oh well.

I really don't have the money to buy a new monitor so I'm trying to hook up my TV to my pc with a hdmi cable. Basically, it's trimming the edges off and I can't find a dot-by-dot setting. It has a "PC" source which does the same edge trimming with vga inputs which seems so stupid that there has to be a dot-by-dot setting somewhere. The monitor is 1920x1080 and I have the same issue with every resolution.

I cannot find a manual for this model. The tv is over a year old and my personal manual is long-gone. The internet doesn't seem to have one. Should the dot-by-dot setting be easy to find if it exists?

LOGIK L24DIGB10 is the model.
7 answers Last reply
More about setting
  1. Have you tried using the Nvidia Control Panel to set the screen size and position?
  2. alyoshka said:
    Have you tried using the Nvidia Control Panel to set the screen size and position?

Yes I just did that. It now fits but the quality is pretty bad. Everything is undefined.
  3. What do you mean by quality, please explain. What is the resolution that you are at now?
  4. alyoshka said:
    What do you mean by quality, please explain. What is the resolution that you are at now?

Like I haven't pressed the "auto adjustment" button but I can't find one to do so, either. I don't think this tv is properly capable of doing PC on hdmi, I'll probably just live with the interference on my vga monitor until I can afford a good hdmi one.
  5. What are the Sources listed in the TV menu, and what are the Modes too...Could you please tell us.
  6. alyoshka said:
    What are the Sources listed in the TV menu, and what are the Modes too...Could you please tell us.

It has

Digital
    TV
    AV
    S-VIDEO
    SCART
    YBPBR
    HDMI
    PC

Modes are only saying FULL or 4:3.
  7. Use source as HDMI and connect the TV to the HDMI port of the card with the HDMI cable. Or then Connect the DVItoD-SUB adapter to the card and connect the TV to it using the VGA cable and choose PC as the Source.
    Select Mode as FULL.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia VGA Graphics