Sign in with
Your question

Dot-by-dot setting, does it have one?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 13, 2012 12:31:14 AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I have an issue which is PC related. I'm having issues with a dvi to vga adapter on my new 560ti. Infact, this is the third one I tried until I worked out what was going on. It seems stupid to supply a dvi to vga adapter if it leaves ripples all over the screen but oh well.

I really don't have the money to buy a new monitor so I'm trying to hook up my TV to my pc with a hdmi cable. Basically, it's trimming the edges off and I can't find a dot-by-dot setting. It has a "PC" source which does the same edge trimming with vga inputs which seems so stupid that there has to be a dot-by-dot setting somewhere. The monitor is 1920x1080 and I have the same issue with every resolution.

I cannot find a manual for this model. The tv is over a year old and my personal manual is long-gone. The internet doesn't seem to have one. Should the dot-by-dot setting be easy to find if it exists?

LOGIK L24DIGB10 is the model.

More about : dot dot setting

a b Î Nvidia
February 13, 2012 3:15:03 AM

Have you tried using the Nvidia Control Panel to set the screen size and position?
February 13, 2012 10:21:28 AM

alyoshka said:
Have you tried using the Nvidia Control Panel to set the screen size and position?

Yes I just did that. It now fits but the quality is pretty bad. Everything is undefined.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
February 13, 2012 10:51:53 AM

What do you mean by quality, please explain. What is the resolution that you are at now?
February 13, 2012 11:26:15 AM

alyoshka said:
What do you mean by quality, please explain. What is the resolution that you are at now?

Like I haven't pressed the "auto adjustment" button but I can't find one to do so, either. I don't think this tv is properly capable of doing PC on hdmi, I'll probably just live with the interference on my vga monitor until I can afford a good hdmi one.
a b Î Nvidia
February 13, 2012 11:28:33 AM

What are the Sources listed in the TV menu, and what are the Modes too...Could you please tell us.
February 13, 2012 2:09:07 PM

alyoshka said:
What are the Sources listed in the TV menu, and what are the Modes too...Could you please tell us.

It has

Digital
TV
AV
S-VIDEO
SCART
YBPBR
HDMI
PC

Modes are only saying FULL or 4:3.
a b Î Nvidia
February 13, 2012 2:13:27 PM

Use source as HDMI and connect the TV to the HDMI port of the card with the HDMI cable. Or then Connect the DVItoD-SUB adapter to the card and connect the TV to it using the VGA cable and choose PC as the Source.
Select Mode as FULL.
!