New computer $800~$1000 will this work?

Hello, My old computer died a couple of weeks ago and i believe it's time I should build a new one, if the price is right =(
I'm planning to build it myself since I built the old one myself, however it was a bit dodgy, it would randomly have bsods or wouldnt detect my drives but thats behind me and I want to see if I can try again with more success

Approximate Purchase Date: Maybe in a couple of weeks or a month later (maybe even later depending on my uni workload)

Budget Range: around $800 ~$1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: I do play games, like sc2, wow, probally d3 later and sometimes other games like lost planet 2 or arkam city/asylum, I will surf the web, use word and excel and do my important uni work on the computer hence I might need it for CAD progams like solidworks or CATIA

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers I can use my old ones, but more importantly my friends bought me a Gainward GTX560Ti graphics card and I am planning to use that

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: most likely MSY or PC Case Gear but im open minded

Parts Preferences: not really important, but I would like to use the graphics card my friends got me

Overclocking: Maybe but not right away (maybe not at all)

SLI or Crossfire: Most likely not, don't this I will need it

Monitor Resolution: I'm not quite sure what my current monitor can handle or whats best for it but I dont think this matters for me

Additional Comments: I've read some stuff about the new Ivy bridge comming out, and I will be waiting a couple of weeks before building I think I might wait for that but I'm not sure if it's really neccessary. Also I'd like it if the case looks good.

What I'm currently thinking of using:
CPU: Ivy Bridge equivilant of Intel Core i5 2500K (which would this be?/how much?) $216 (estimate)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $154
RAM: 8Gb Kit 1600 G.Skill Ares $49
Graphics Card: Gainward GTX560Ti (already have)
Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda SATA3 1TB $105
Diskdrive: Samsung OEM $19
PSU: Corsair TX650 $113
Case: Coolermaster SGC-1000 Storm Enforces $97
Total: $852
(all in $AUD and from MSY)

My ultimate question is will this all fit together and will it fit together well?
Is there any where I can reduce costs or make improvements? and any tips on how to build this would be helpful, I dont want it to be stuffy like my old computer

Thanks for reading and every comment is appreciated =)
2 answers Last reply
More about computer 1000 work
  1. Yes it will work. 2500ks IB equivalent is i5 3570k priced around 230AUD. Hopefully we can get preorders from pccasegear and etailers like that soon :)
    If you're buying IB and Z77, are you going to get a PCIE 3.0 card? Doesnt matter either way, just wondering.

BTW, have you checked stock at msy? because the one at Ultimo seems to always run out of stock haha :)

Overall, great build, components will be great, however if you plan to SLI or somehting like that, you might wanna look into a 750W/850W PSU.
  2. Thanks for the reply

Since I already have the GTX560Ti just sitting here i was planning on using it and save some money as well.

Maybe this will give me some room for upgrades later like gpu and maybe add a ssd later

and no i havnt checked the stock at msy lol, but ill probably be going to Auburn and if they don't have if I'm pretty sure i can find it elsewhere at the smaller shops around my area (might be a little more expensive) or even order it from pccasegear

Again thanks for the help
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Computer Systems