Sign in with
Your question

New computer $800~$1000 will this work?

Last response: in Systems
April 21, 2012 6:39:30 AM

Hello, My old computer died a couple of weeks ago and i believe it's time I should build a new one, if the price is right =(
I'm planning to build it myself since I built the old one myself, however it was a bit dodgy, it would randomly have bsods or wouldnt detect my drives but thats behind me and I want to see if I can try again with more success

Approximate Purchase Date: Maybe in a couple of weeks or a month later (maybe even later depending on my uni workload)

Budget Range: around $800 ~$1000

System Usage from Most to Least Important: I do play games, like sc2, wow, probally d3 later and sometimes other games like lost planet 2 or arkam city/asylum, I will surf the web, use word and excel and do my important uni work on the computer hence I might need it for CAD progams like solidworks or CATIA

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers I can use my old ones, but more importantly my friends bought me a Gainward GTX560Ti graphics card and I am planning to use that

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: most likely MSY or PC Case Gear but im open minded

Parts Preferences: not really important, but I would like to use the graphics card my friends got me

Overclocking: Maybe but not right away (maybe not at all)

SLI or Crossfire: Most likely not, don't this I will need it

Monitor Resolution: I'm not quite sure what my current monitor can handle or whats best for it but I dont think this matters for me

Additional Comments: I've read some stuff about the new Ivy bridge comming out, and I will be waiting a couple of weeks before building I think I might wait for that but I'm not sure if it's really neccessary. Also I'd like it if the case looks good.

What I'm currently thinking of using:
CPU: Ivy Bridge equivilant of Intel Core i5 2500K (which would this be?/how much?) $216 (estimate)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard $154
RAM: 8Gb Kit 1600 G.Skill Ares $49
Graphics Card: Gainward GTX560Ti (already have)
Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda SATA3 1TB $105
Diskdrive: Samsung OEM $19
PSU: Corsair TX650 $113
Case: Coolermaster SGC-1000 Storm Enforces $97
Total: $852
(all in $AUD and from MSY)

My ultimate question is will this all fit together and will it fit together well?
Is there any where I can reduce costs or make improvements? and any tips on how to build this would be helpful, I dont want it to be stuffy like my old computer

Thanks for reading and every comment is appreciated =)

More about : computer 800 1000 work

April 21, 2012 7:04:35 AM

Yes it will work. 2500ks IB equivalent is i5 3570k priced around 230AUD. Hopefully we can get preorders from pccasegear and etailers like that soon :) 
If you're buying IB and Z77, are you going to get a PCIE 3.0 card? Doesnt matter either way, just wondering.

BTW, have you checked stock at msy? because the one at Ultimo seems to always run out of stock haha :) 

Overall, great build, components will be great, however if you plan to SLI or somehting like that, you might wanna look into a 750W/850W PSU.
m
l
April 21, 2012 4:06:26 PM

Thanks for the reply

Since I already have the GTX560Ti just sitting here i was planning on using it and save some money as well.

Maybe this will give me some room for upgrades later like gpu and maybe add a ssd later

and no i havnt checked the stock at msy lol, but ill probably be going to Auburn and if they don't have if I'm pretty sure i can find it elsewhere at the smaller shops around my area (might be a little more expensive) or even order it from pccasegear

Again thanks for the help
m
l
!