Need confirmation on broken video card

Well I had this computer for 3 years now and 2 days ago my video card (8600gt --> http://www.ascendtech.us/hp-m9250f-nvidia-geforce-8600-gt-512mb_i_vc512hp51887647.aspx) suddenly decides to crap out on me.

When I boot the comp, there is no display. I get a beep code (2 short, 1 long), which i looked up and confirmed that it is a video issue. However theres several things that got me confused:

-The monitor seems to "detect" if the dvi cable is plugged in as it goes from "no signal" to "power saving mode" when I switch on the power
-The gpu's fan still works when i boot
-The card looks perfectly fine (same as the picture in the link above)

Oh, When I take the card out of the tower and boot, then i don't get any beeps at all. The only thing I can do now is run off the onboard controller (which is extremely laggy and slow D:). Yes I know its a crappy card, but I'm a student in debt that can't afford much atm.

Thanks in advance
4 answers Last reply
More about need confirmation broken video card
  1. Think your motherboard gave you confirmation and also it running fine without the card in there. So most likely its your card.
  2. Ohh :( Like this happened before, but 2-3 hours later it was working again. Now its dead for good
  3. Well I got a new card. However when I plug it in, theres no display or beeps this time...=-=
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics Cards Graphics