Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Air Blower vs Compressed air cans

Last response: in Components
August 3, 2012 8:24:59 AM

Hi!!

Can anyone tel me whether it is safe to use a air blower to clean inside a PC.... i think , the one I'm talking about is not a air compressor. Vendor said that it can be used as a vacuum as well as a blower..

I saw some posts which says that air compressors and vacuums will induce static electricity..... Some people say it is not true.. so im confused....

If it is ok to use a compressed air cans(no static), then how come blowers produce static??

ps:
i hope this is the correct thread. If not please forgive me.
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 8:38:38 AM

compressed air requires no electricity to operate (i dont know how that stuff works so that may not be the root of the issue at all)

i would stick with compressed air, it's the best way to knock dust out of fins, and tight spaces in chassis, and i've heard vacuums can damage components inside your pc
August 3, 2012 8:44:19 AM

nna2 said:
compressed air requires no electricity to operate (i dont know how that stuff works so that may not be the root of the issue at all)

i would stick with compressed air, it's the best way to knock dust out of fins, and tight spaces in chassis, and i've heard vacuums can damage components inside your pc

I f i use a blower, do you know whether there is a minimum and maximum(safest) air pressure values??
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 8:46:47 AM

athukoralakasun said:
I f i use a blower, do you know whether there is a minimum and maximum(safest) air pressure values??

that would have to be one crazy blower to provide more pressure than compressed air... i think your okay
August 3, 2012 8:49:58 AM

nna2 said:
that would have to be one crazy blower to provide more pressure than compressed air... i think your okay

So it possible that preasure may not be enough right??

Have ever used a blower to clean a PC?? or how do you do it??

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 8:51:51 AM

athukoralakasun said:
So it possible that preasure may not be enough right??

Have ever used a blower to clean a PC?? or how do you do it??

i only used compressed air, it's the best way
August 3, 2012 4:18:38 PM

Best answer selected by athukoralakasun.
!