Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Air Blower vs Compressed air cans

Last response: in Components
August 3, 2012 8:24:59 AM

Hi!!

Can anyone tel me whether it is safe to use a air blower to clean inside a PC.... i think , the one I'm talking about is not a air compressor. Vendor said that it can be used as a vacuum as well as a blower..

I saw some posts which says that air compressors and vacuums will induce static electricity..... Some people say it is not true.. so im confused....

If it is ok to use a compressed air cans(no static), then how come blowers produce static??

ps:
i hope this is the correct thread. If not please forgive me.
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 8:38:38 AM

compressed air requires no electricity to operate (i dont know how that stuff works so that may not be the root of the issue at all)

i would stick with compressed air, it's the best way to knock dust out of fins, and tight spaces in chassis, and i've heard vacuums can damage components inside your pc
m
l
August 3, 2012 8:44:19 AM

nna2 said:
compressed air requires no electricity to operate (i dont know how that stuff works so that may not be the root of the issue at all)

i would stick with compressed air, it's the best way to knock dust out of fins, and tight spaces in chassis, and i've heard vacuums can damage components inside your pc

I f i use a blower, do you know whether there is a minimum and maximum(safest) air pressure values??
m
l
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 8:46:47 AM

athukoralakasun said:
I f i use a blower, do you know whether there is a minimum and maximum(safest) air pressure values??

that would have to be one crazy blower to provide more pressure than compressed air... i think your okay
m
l
August 3, 2012 8:49:58 AM

nna2 said:
that would have to be one crazy blower to provide more pressure than compressed air... i think your okay

So it possible that preasure may not be enough right??

Have ever used a blower to clean a PC?? or how do you do it??
m
l

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
August 3, 2012 8:51:51 AM

athukoralakasun said:
So it possible that preasure may not be enough right??

Have ever used a blower to clean a PC?? or how do you do it??

i only used compressed air, it's the best way
August 3, 2012 4:18:38 PM

Best answer selected by athukoralakasun.
m
l
!