AMD FX-8120 heat issue?

RSE09

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012
Hey everyone,
I just finished assembling my first PC build, yes im a noob so please forgive me for any errors, I think I'm having a really bad heat issue. The first boot went fine, when i got into the UEFI I noticed the temp monitor, the CPU temp steadily rose and didn't stop till 51C, this is crazy isn't it? I hadn't done anything, just sitting there at idle
I have a coolermaster elite 430
3 120mm fans, one intake in front, an intake in the side and an exhaust.

Could it be airflow issue??

ABVArikado

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
I have the same processor for my first build and to be honest its a nightmare....did you use thermal grease? Also are you trying to overclock? Also what case are you using?

vikas12

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2011
check ur cooler base is sitted properly,and set bios to default ,then too problem continues get an aftermarket cooler and thermal paste and replace it with ur stock cooler

RSE09

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012

I am using the stock cooling fan as well as the thermal paste that was already provided. And no I haven't overclocked at all, as I said this was on my very first boot. I didn't touch a single setting in the BIOS. I am using the coolermaster elite 430 with three 120mm fans.

RSE09

Honorable
Aug 3, 2012

I was really hoping I wouldn't need an aftermarket cooler, considering my budget has been extremely tight. I figured the stock fan wouldn't be the best but 51C at idle? That just seems insane, who knows how high it'll go under stress. Im really hoping something else is going on here.