Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Power supply for HD6770

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 13, 2012 3:03:36 AM

hi,

currently 'm having a 400W PS for my HD 4350, without any issues in this card. Now 'm planning to buy a 6670 or 6770, how much power i should give to the card? please tell the power rating..

More about : power supply hd6770

a c 109 U Graphics card
a c 111 ) Power supply
February 13, 2012 3:24:51 AM

Depends on the amperages of that 400w power supply. What brand and make is the model?
m
0
l
a c 181 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
February 13, 2012 3:27:18 AM

Well I think the 400w will work but we need to know the brand who makes it or what does the sticker on the side show what is on the 12v rail 3.3 .5 etc. If there is enough amp on the 12v rail then you can use the 400w PSU.

AMD web site show a 450w for the 6770 but if your PSU is good you won't have to worry about it. Here is the link to AMD site.

http://www.amd.com/US/PRODUCTS/DESKTOP/GRAPHICS/AMD-RAD...
m
0
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
February 13, 2012 4:29:29 AM

The HD6670 shouldn't have any problem, but the HD6770 might need something a bit stronger. If the PSU has a 6 pin power connector, it should be fine.

Also, if you have your sights on a HD6770, wait for the HD7750 being released this week. Should have similar performance with the power consumption of a HD6570.
m
0
l
a c 84 U Graphics card
February 13, 2012 7:26:50 AM

your psu will do fine hd 6770 doesnot use that much power so it will be ok just make sure you have an 6pin pcie connector for that card.:) 
m
0
l
February 14, 2012 5:13:54 AM

Zero_ said:
The HD6670 shouldn't have any problem, but the HD6770 might need something a bit stronger. If the PSU has a 6 pin power connector, it should be fine.

Also, if you have your sights on a HD6770, wait for the HD7750 being released this week. Should have similar performance with the power consumption of a HD6570.


In the label they've mentioned like this " 20+4 pin + 2 SATA " i cant understand this explanation
m
0
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
February 14, 2012 6:19:17 AM

viknesh2020 said:
In the label they've mentioned like this " 20+4 pin + 2 SATA " i cant understand this explanation

We need the brand/model number of the power supply or we cannot tell you if it can power an HD6770. It should be on a chart on the side of the unit.
m
0
l
a c 84 U Graphics card
February 14, 2012 6:22:30 AM

6pin and 6+2 pin pcie connector look like this does you have that connectors in your psu.



m
0
l
February 25, 2012 4:29:50 AM

jyjjy said:
We need the brand/model number of the power supply or we cannot tell you if it can power an HD6770. It should be on a chart on the side of the unit.


Intex Signature
m
0
l
February 25, 2012 4:31:58 AM

Sorry guys, i made a mistake. My PSU is not 400 watts, its 450 watts Intex Signature with the following Rating

+3.3 V : 30A
+5V : 29 A
+12 V : 18 A
220V 5 A
m
0
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b ) Power supply
February 25, 2012 4:35:15 AM

ok your psu isn't properly rated anywhere near 450w, it does 216W. You should try for a 7750 or 6670.
m
0
l
!