Intel - AMD anti-trust trial set for 2009

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
I guess AMD should just drop the lawsuit altogether since according to sharipoop intel will be bankrupt long before the trial date. :lol:

Doughbuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
Sigh, and people complain US is a capitalist economy, which is obviously isin't. US is about as capitalist as China is Communist, B.S. hypocrites on both sides.

I say if Intel wants to become a monopoly, more power to them. If I was the CEO of Intel, I would pound AMD into the ground with all my financial reserves. If it wasn't for US anti-trust laws and anti-monopoly laws, Intel would just drop their CPU's to rock-bottom prices, take a hit for everything sold, but AMD's market share would go to zilch. Add to that the fact that Intel has so much more reserve capital than AMD (especially with the recent acquisiton and expansion) and Intel would totally dominate a price war.

Either way, this case won't amount to much of anything. Even if Intel get slapped with a fine, they can just shrug it off. Look at Microsoft v. EU. Microsoft gave more money to the EU then any nation did. In fact, Microsoft should get voting privelages just for all the money they gave. Sigh.

gman01

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2006
Sigh, and people complain US is a capitalist economy, which is obviously isin't. US is about as capitalist as China is Communist, B.S. hypocrites on both sides.

Are you confusing capitalism with anarchy?

Capitalism(and democracy) have rules.... withough fair competition someone like microsoft would own everything.... Prices would be high, and nothing would work good....

mesarectifier

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Just like all of the 'really really big tech news' that there has been recently I don't really see this one making a huge difference to anything other than the lawyers' bank accounts.