Closed Solved

Triple 24-inch setup or 32-inch TV setup?

Hey guys,

Soo I'm planning to upgrade my 24" monitor to a 32 inch TV.
My brother suggested doing a triple monitor setup with 2 more 24" monitors
I currently have a GTX 560 Ti in my system and am ready to go for SLI if i have to.
Just wanted to ask you guys what would be a better choice, considering the price differences too.

Thanks
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about triple inch setup inch setup
  1. i would go a 32" and get another 24"

that way if they all support 1080P you can nvidia surround & have the 2 side monitors for peripheral vision.

i have 22" 27" 22" and you dont notice the side monitors are smaller. just there to add that little bit more immersive gaming experience.
  2. Best answer
    You running AMD hugostiglitz?

With nVidia, you must have IDENTICAL screens to run them in surround. How identical? I mean identical. I tried running 2 Samsung 2333T with one Samsung 2333SW (I literally thought they were the same monitor, just that the T model name was the updated name) and it would not work. I had to purchase a third 2333T and then it worked fine.

Honestly, triple monitors takes serious graphics horsepower. I went 3 monitors thinking my GTX 570's (2 in SLI) would be enough, but I'm just constantly starved for memory. The only graphics cards I would trust to run anything in surround vision would be 3GB 580's. I suppose AMD's new 7000 series is probably fine too, but I'm a green guy so I don't pay much attention to them or know much about them.

Memory is key at huge resolutions. I'm eagerly waiting on Kepler so I can hopefully pick up some 4GB cards sometime this summer and I won't have to worry about memory anymore.
  3. Best answer selected by SwaggaLike.
  4. Thanks for the replies guys.
    But do you think 2 x 2GB EVGA GTX 560Ti's would be enough for a triple monitor setup?
  5. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia TV Monitors Graphics