Recommended mods?

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?

Its been out for while, so I'm guessing theres plenty of good ones out
there, that have had plenty of time to be tweaked.

I used to be a big fan of Battlegrounds on the Half-life. Single shot
muskets was an interesting change from the norm

--
scrum
10 answers Last reply
More about recommended mods
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    > So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?
    >


    If you go to Fileplanet you'll see a huge list of mods for BF.

    Probably the big one everyone will say is Desert Combat. The current flavor
    is Desert Combat Final. There's another that augments it called DC Extended
    (DCX) that I like better because it brings a little more balance to things.

    I also enjoy Forgotten Hope which fixes the realism on some things and
    brings in other items such as the B-25 and P-38.

    If you liked muskets, you'll probably like Pirates. The name pretty much
    says it; wooden sailing ships, cannon, and single shot weapons.

    Battefield 1918 brings a bit of WWI into the mix, but I don't often find
    good populated servers to play.

    Enjoy your journey!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    In article <18fz8qww8ikir$.om2zw9jar358$.dlg@40tude.net>,
    scrumble@ntlworld.com says...
    > So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?
    >
    > Its been out for while, so I'm guessing theres plenty of good ones out
    > there, that have had plenty of time to be tweaked.
    >
    > I used to be a big fan of Battlegrounds on the Half-life. Single shot
    > muskets was an interesting change from the norm
    >
    > --
    > scrum
    >


    Although I play DC:F the most, I still think Forgotten Hope is by far
    the best mod of 'em all.

    It's what Battlefield 1942 should have been in the first place. Lots
    more realistic in it's armament and battlegrounds.


    /CF
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    "Halon1211" <sentry40@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:6miCd.15617$c%.5770@okepread05...
    >> So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?
    >>
    >
    >
    > If you go to Fileplanet you'll see a huge list of mods for BF.
    >
    > Probably the big one everyone will say is Desert Combat. The current
    > flavor is Desert Combat Final. There's another that augments it called DC
    > Extended (DCX) that I like better because it brings a little more balance
    > to things.
    >
    > I also enjoy Forgotten Hope which fixes the realism on some things and
    > brings in other items such as the B-25 and P-38.
    >
    > If you liked muskets, you'll probably like Pirates. The name pretty much
    > says it; wooden sailing ships, cannon, and single shot weapons.
    >
    > Battefield 1918 brings a bit of WWI into the mix, but I don't often find
    > good populated servers to play.
    >
    > Enjoy your journey!

    I think that Forgotten Hope is the best mod out there. Also Silent Heroes
    is good.

    Battlefield 1861 is an American civil war mod that was in early Beta last
    time I looked.

    One other to try is Interstate82 - something different and a good blast for
    a while.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    scrumble wrote
    >So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?

    Malcolm will be along in a bit, he has just about every mod around...

    Desert Combat is by far the most popular mod, but it never really
    appealed to me, too frantic and fast paced, but many people love it so
    give that one a try.

    As others have said, Forgotten Hope and Battlegroup 42 are two
    absolutely awesome WW2 mods, both of 'em huge downloads but well worth
    it.

    Some of the smaller mods can be fun too, Aftermath is currently running
    on one of our servers for a few days, 67.18.57.69 and that is only a 23
    meg download (but with a 69 meg map pack). BF1861 is only 32 megs, that
    is really well done for an early release, and is pretty historically
    accurate if that appeals to you...BF1918 and Pirates are great too.

    --
    [AGB]Villy Vonka
    Sheffield, UK
    http://www.villyvonka.co.uk
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Colonel_Flagg wrote
    >Although I play DC:F the most, I still think Forgotten Hope is by far
    >the best mod of 'em all.

    Careful, you'll annoy Jan ;)

    --
    [AGB]Villy Vonka
    Sheffield, UK
    http://www.villyvonka.co.uk
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Villy Vonka wrote:
    > scrumble wrote
    >
    >> So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?
    >
    >
    > Malcolm will be along in a bit, he has just about every mod around...
    >
    > Desert Combat is by far the most popular mod, but it never really
    > appealed to me, too frantic and fast paced, but many people love it so
    > give that one a try.
    >
    > As others have said, Forgotten Hope and Battlegroup 42 are two
    > absolutely awesome WW2 mods, both of 'em huge downloads but well worth it.
    >
    > Some of the smaller mods can be fun too, Aftermath is currently running
    > on one of our servers for a few days, 67.18.57.69 and that is only a 23
    > meg download (but with a 69 meg map pack). BF1861 is only 32 megs, that
    > is really well done for an early release, and is pretty historically
    > accurate if that appeals to you...BF1918 and Pirates are great too.
    >


    I have a few installed for BF1942...... 24GB

    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\ActionBF
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Aftermath
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Battlegroup42
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1918
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1942
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\CivilWarMod
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_8b
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Bot_raping_mod
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Extended
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final_EOD
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Realism
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DCME
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Desertcombat
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\EOD
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FH
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FinnWars
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\GCMOD
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\HydroRacers
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\interstate
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\NextThreat
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\pgm
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Pirates
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\sengoku
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\SH-COOP
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\silentheroes
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stargate_BFM
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stunts
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\surreal
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\TacticalWar
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\tgw
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\wasteland2042
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\WhoDaresWins
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\XWWII
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\zquake
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Villy Vonka wrote:
    > Colonel_Flagg wrote
    >
    >> Although I play DC:F the most, I still think Forgotten Hope is by far
    >> the best mod of 'em all.
    >
    >
    > Careful, you'll annoy Jan ;)
    >

    Forgotten Hope is very good,
    but BattleGroup42 is more fun and easier to play,
    plus IMHO they have the better maps.
    'Villiers Bocage' in BG42 is a stunning map.
    its what 'Bocage' SHOULD have been in BF1942.

    heres my old BF1942 mod webpage,
    with brief description of some mods, and links.
    http://www.geocities.com/malc_hurn/battlefield1942.html

    heres the AGB BF1942 mod page with links to more.
    http://www.agbgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5215
    prob have to register to view it.

    theres a mod to suit every taste for BF1942,
    plenty more life in the old dog yet.

    if you want a laugh, esp for LAN partys or servers,
    try the Aftermath mod, flying cardboard boxes,
    strange hybrid tanks, flying jeeps, its a hoot.
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/tweakin/mods/aftermath/index.shtml
    20MB downlaod for the mod itself, 18 BF1942 maps,
    plus another 60MB for the very good custom mappack.
    the only map that doesnt work is the 'R_Frictal' map,
    which was broing anyway, the mod has full COOP support,
    so can have fun bashing bots, we ran this mod last week on one of the
    AGB servers, sunday the 9th we will be running it again for 4 days,
    combined with the Hydroracers mod (fast hydroplane boats and flooded
    maps)
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/tweakin/mods/hydroracers/index.shtml

    regards and cya on the battlefield.
    [AGB] malcolm
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    scrumble wrote:
    > So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?
    >
    > Its been out for while, so I'm guessing theres plenty of good ones out
    > there, that have had plenty of time to be tweaked.
    >
    > I used to be a big fan of Battlegrounds on the Half-life. Single shot
    > muskets was an interesting change from the norm
    >
    > --
    > scrum

    Forgotten Hope is very good,
    but BattleGroup42 is more fun and easier to play,
    plus IMHO they have the better maps.
    'Villiers Bocage' in BG42 is a stunning map.
    its what 'Bocage' SHOULD have been in BF1942.

    heres my old BF1942 mod webpage,
    with brief description of some mods, and links.
    http://www.geocities.com/malc_hurn/battlefield1942.html

    heres the AGB BF1942 mod page with links to more.
    http://www.agbgaming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5215
    prob have to register to view it.

    theres a mod to suit every taste for BF1942,
    plenty more life in the old dog yet.

    if you want a laugh, esp for LAN partys or servers,
    try the Aftermath mod, flying cardboard boxes,
    strange hybrid tanks, flying jeeps, its a hoot.
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/tweakin/mods/aftermath/index.shtml
    20MB downlaod for the mod itself, 18 BF1942 maps,
    plus another 60MB for the very good custom mappack.
    the only map that doesnt work is the 'R_Frictal' map,
    which was broing anyway, the mod has full COOP support,
    so can have fun bashing bots, we ran this mod last week on one of the
    AGB servers, sunday the 9th we will be running it again for 4 days,
    combined with the Hydroracers mod (fast hydroplane boats and flooded
    maps)
    http://www.planetbattlefield.com/bf1942/tweakin/mods/hydroracers/index.shtml

    regards and cya on the battlefield.
    [AGB] malcolm

    I have a few installed for BF1942...... 24GB

    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\ActionBF
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Aftermath
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Battlegroup42
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1918
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1942
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\CivilWarMod
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_8b
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Bot_raping_mod
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Extended
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final_EOD
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Realism
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DCME
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Desertcombat
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\EOD
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FH
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FinnWars
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\GCMOD
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\HydroRacers
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\interstate
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\NextThreat
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\pgm
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Pirates
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\sengoku
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\SH-COOP
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\silentheroes
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stargate_BFM
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stunts
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\surreal
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\TacticalWar
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\tgw
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\wasteland2042
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\WhoDaresWins
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\XWWII
    E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\zquake
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    And you play all of them ?

    :)

    "malcolm" <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    news:MjPDd.623773$wV.271736@attbi_s54...
    > Villy Vonka wrote:
    >> scrumble wrote
    >>
    >>> So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?
    >>
    >>
    >> Malcolm will be along in a bit, he has just about every mod around...
    >>
    >> Desert Combat is by far the most popular mod, but it never really
    >> appealed to me, too frantic and fast paced, but many people love it so
    >> give that one a try.
    >>
    >> As others have said, Forgotten Hope and Battlegroup 42 are two absolutely
    >> awesome WW2 mods, both of 'em huge downloads but well worth it.
    >>
    >> Some of the smaller mods can be fun too, Aftermath is currently running
    >> on one of our servers for a few days, 67.18.57.69 and that is only a 23
    >> meg download (but with a 69 meg map pack). BF1861 is only 32 megs, that
    >> is really well done for an early release, and is pretty historically
    >> accurate if that appeals to you...BF1918 and Pirates are great too.
    >>
    >
    >
    > I have a few installed for BF1942...... 24GB
    >
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\ActionBF
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Aftermath
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Battlegroup42
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1918
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1942
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\CivilWarMod
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_8b
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Bot_raping_mod
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Extended
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final_EOD
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Realism
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DCME
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Desertcombat
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\EOD
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FH
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FinnWars
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\GCMOD
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\HydroRacers
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\interstate
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\NextThreat
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\pgm
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Pirates
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\sengoku
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\SH-COOP
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\silentheroes
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stargate_BFM
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stunts
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\surreal
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\TacticalWar
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\tgw
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\wasteland2042
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\WhoDaresWins
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\XWWII
    > E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\zquake
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Tal fuchs wrote:
    > And you play all of them ?
    >
    > :)
    >
    > "malcolm" <m.tamblynREMOVE@mchsi.com> wrote in message
    > news:MjPDd.623773$wV.271736@attbi_s54...
    >
    >>Villy Vonka wrote:
    >>
    >>>scrumble wrote
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>So what are the hot mod's for BF42 then?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Malcolm will be along in a bit, he has just about every mod around...
    >>>
    >>>Desert Combat is by far the most popular mod, but it never really
    >>>appealed to me, too frantic and fast paced, but many people love it so
    >>>give that one a try.
    >>>
    >>>As others have said, Forgotten Hope and Battlegroup 42 are two absolutely
    >>>awesome WW2 mods, both of 'em huge downloads but well worth it.
    >>>
    >>>Some of the smaller mods can be fun too, Aftermath is currently running
    >>>on one of our servers for a few days, 67.18.57.69 and that is only a 23
    >>>meg download (but with a 69 meg map pack). BF1861 is only 32 megs, that
    >>>is really well done for an early release, and is pretty historically
    >>>accurate if that appeals to you...BF1918 and Pirates are great too.
    >>>
    >>
    >>
    >>I have a few installed for BF1942...... 24GB
    >>
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\ActionBF
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Aftermath
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Battlegroup42
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1918
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\bf1942
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\CivilWarMod
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_8b
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Bot_raping_mod
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Extended
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Final_EOD
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DC_Realism
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\DCME
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Desertcombat
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\EOD
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FH
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\FinnWars
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\GCMOD
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\HydroRacers
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\interstate
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\NextThreat
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\pgm
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Pirates
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\sengoku
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\SH-COOP
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\silentheroes
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stargate_BFM
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\Stunts
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\surreal
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\TacticalWar
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\tgw
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\wasteland2042
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\WhoDaresWins
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\XWWII
    >>E:\GAMES\BF1942\Mods\zquake
    >
    >
    >

    sample them yes
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games