$4000 gaming Rig need advice

mark12000

Honorable
Apr 21, 2012
hi guys i would like some help with a gaming pc build. i would like a build that will play any game on MAX settings! I don't want the monitor, etc. to be included into the budget but recommendations are welcomed. And i would also like the cooling and all that aswell please. also i want a good wireless chip/adapter or whatever it's called.

Approximate Purchase Date: within a year from about now. i know that's a very extended time period but oh well.

Budget Range: anywhere between $3500-$4000 (CAN BE LOWER PRICED) before rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: GAMING, Gaming and gaming

Parts Preferences: Nvidia if the best way to go for gaming and intel i7 again if best for gaming.

Overclocking: if it will be better yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, only one monitor

Memory: 16GB ram or 8GB whichever is better for gaming.

also a case that won't need anything to be CRUSHED to fit into so a rather spacious but good looking one.

oh and i don't care if the fans and all that are loud i just want a gaming rig that will play EVERY game on MAX settings! i will be getting turtle beaches anyway so yeah. i was thinking one of these Razer Megalodon Headset 7.1 or Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset.

sorry for asking so many questions and being a noob. o0

Thanks in Advance. :D

Solution
1 year :eek: :eek: :eek:

its better to make thread after one year. we suggest people who want pc after month to make new thread afterwards or before a week to buy.

till then ive - bridge will be old and ive - bridge -E might release and haswell will be released which will be a big change.

also amd will release 8000 series and nvidia 700 series.

also new headphones , cases , etc will be available for cheaper price.

but still happy to help.

serialkiller

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2012
1 year :eek: :eek: :eek:

its better to make thread after one year. we suggest people who want pc after month to make new thread afterwards or before a week to buy.

till then ive - bridge will be old and ive - bridge -E might release and haswell will be released which will be a big change.

also amd will release 8000 series and nvidia 700 series.

also new headphones , cases , etc will be available for cheaper price.

but still happy to help.

Solution
So I know Australian prices are higher but you really don't need to spend that much like Serialkiller said. Check out my $850 build here:
http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore
Just swap the 7850 for the 7870 and you'll be solid. Also wait a week for Ivy Bridge to release then get the i5 3570K and you'll be good to go.

You really should only total up to $1300 at most after those changes. (The difference is so large because I'm guestimating Ausi prices.