Solved

$4000 gaming Rig need advice

hi guys i would like some help with a gaming pc build. i would like a build that will play any game on MAX settings! I don't want the monitor, etc. to be included into the budget but recommendations are welcomed. And i would also like the cooling and all that aswell please. also i want a good wireless chip/adapter or whatever it's called.

Approximate Purchase Date: within a year from about now. i know that's a very extended time period but oh well.

Budget Range: anywhere between $3500-$4000 (CAN BE LOWER PRICED) before rebates.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: GAMING, Gaming and gaming

Parts Preferences: Nvidia if the best way to go for gaming and intel i7 again if best for gaming.

Overclocking: if it will be better yes

SLI or Crossfire: Yes

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080, only one monitor

Memory: 16GB ram or 8GB whichever is better for gaming.

also a case that won't need anything to be CRUSHED to fit into so a rather spacious but good looking one.

oh and i don't care if the fans and all that are loud i just want a gaming rig that will play EVERY game on MAX settings! i will be getting turtle beaches anyway so yeah. i was thinking one of these Razer Megalodon Headset 7.1 or Razer Tiamat 7.1 Headset.

sorry for asking so many questions and being a noob. o0

Thanks in Advance. :D
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 4000 gaming advice
  1. A year is a too long a period to worry about Spec now....Technology would have grown leap and bounds by then! :sleep:

I would wait for the Ivy bridge release.....please see this....

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/intel-cpu-ivy-bridge-processor-launch,news-38291.html
  2. Best answer
    1 year :o :o :o

its better to make thread after one year. we suggest people who want pc after month to make new thread afterwards or before a week to buy.

till then ive - bridge will be old and ive - bridge -E might release and haswell will be released which will be a big change.

also amd will release 8000 series and nvidia 700 series.

also new headphones , cases , etc will be available for cheaper price.

but still happy to help.
  3. ok thanks for the reply's. sorry for wasting both of your times.
  4. Best answer selected by mark12000.
  5. So I know Australian prices are higher but you really don't need to spend that much like Serialkiller said. Check out my $850 build here:
    http://www.squidoo.com/electronicandmore
    Just swap the 7850 for the 7870 and you'll be solid. Also wait a week for Ivy Bridge to release then get the i5 3570K and you'll be good to go.

You really should only total up to $1300 at most after those changes. (The difference is so large because I'm guestimating Ausi prices.
  6. mark12000 said:
    ok thanks for the reply's. sorry for wasting both of your times.

no worries :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Systems