SaevusMalus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Hey all,
I am currently working on getting a components list together for a new computer, my first custom build in a few years. So I have been throwing around PSU/Case combos, I think I settled on the Lian Li PC-65b, but as I look at a lot of the newer PSUs I see the fans on located on top of the PSUs. Does this cause any sort of airflow problem? Seems to me with the fan isolated in the top back of the case, it would increase the interior temp. of the case. I don't know, can anyone with more experience than I shed some light on this for me? Right now I can't decide on whether to go with a Seasonic or an OCZ or an Enermax....right now it is down to what takes 220 (most PSU do so that is not really a problem) and what will create less heat in my case. Anyone have any suggestions for a good solid PSU to go with a Lian Li PC-65B between 500-600w?

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
No. Newer psu have better cooling as they have multiple fans for up to 3. But it's the same thing as older ones as it sucks up air from inside the case and exhaust it out the back.

SaevusMalus

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Ok...thanks! I had thought it might be something like this, that helps me along that line of thought. I will just go for the multiple fan PSUs and run with it.

Thanks.