Sign in with
Your question

Server 2003 lets the same user log on twice RDP

Last response: in Networking
April 27, 2011 1:51:18 AM

I have a 2003 server, and as I am sure you know, it lets two people log in at once, for management of the server and such. Anyways, it also lets the same user log in twice. It is getting annoying if I disconnect, then when I connect back up sometimes it logs me in a second time, and I need to switch to my other session, to get back to my open programs from the last session.
How do I stop users from being able to log in multiple times?
May 1, 2011 2:08:42 PM

use the /console switch when you launch rdp.
Start - run - mstsc /console

This will use the same login session
m
l
May 4, 2011 5:25:33 AM

Is there another way from the server side? Some of the clients don't use mstsc, for example I use my iphone some times for client.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 4, 2011 6:51:42 AM

Sorry not that I know of
m
l
Anonymous
September 21, 2011 8:04:00 AM

Catsrules said:
Is there another way from the server side? Some of the clients don't use mstsc, for example I use my iphone some times for client.

Another way of doing this is by opening the Terminal Services Manager from Admin Tools, right clicking on the other session and choosing "Connect"
m
l
September 21, 2011 5:49:05 PM

Quote:
Another way of doing this is by opening the Terminal Services Manager from Admin Tools, right clicking on the other session and choosing "Connect"

Yeah that is what I have done so far to get back to where I was. But I use the task manager under the users tab to do it. Never tried that way before. Guess that is why they say there is more then one way to do things on a computer :) 
m
l
!