transparencies . . .

along with win_2k . . . as well as all subsequent win models (win_xp
here) . . . direct_x was introduced . . . allowin' for the capability
of transparencies / transitions.

i utilize a personal toolbar . . . and am wonderin' if there is a
registry hack to make this toolbar 30% opaque . . . rather than 100%
opaque.

i already have used third-party utilities, such as Vitrite (small,
but discontinues at reboot) . . . and have tried other utilities as
well.

i am lookin' for somethin' permanent . . . and which does not
necessitate downloading a huge program . . . for one simple feature ?

can one designate a toolbar to be certain percentage of
transparency . . . without usin' a third-party utility ?

--
(new on this message board forum)
7 answers Last reply

    "PnamaJck" <pnamajck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > along with win_2k . . . as well as all subsequent win models
    > (win_xp
    > here) . . . direct_x was introduced . . . allowin' for the capability
    > of transparencies / transitions.
    >
    > i utilize a personal toolbar . . . and am wonderin' if there is
    > registry hack to make this toolbar 30% opaque . . . rather than
    > 100%
    > opaque.
    >
    > i already have used third-party utilities, such as Vitrite (small,
    > but discontinues at reboot) . . . and have tried other utilities as
    > well.
    >
    > i am lookin' for somethin' permanent . . . and which does not
    > necessitate downloading a huge program . . . for one simple feature
    > ?
    >
    > can one designate a toolbar to be certain percentage of
    > transparency . . . without usin' a third-party utility ?
    >
    > --
    > (new on this message board forum)

    Is your keyboard broken? If not why is your posting interspersed with
    periods and extra spaces?

    i don't get it . . .

    i have never criticized anyone on this forum . . .
    neither have i issued any derogatory remarks toward anyone . . .

    i have spent some time on the internet . . .
    searching for an answer to my question . . .
    'n it is not an "ignorant" question by any means . . .

    i come to the microsoft.com message forum . . .
    postin' my question, without CAPS . . .
    searchin' for an intelligent response or resolution.

    if the two of you do not have anythin' of "relevance" to offer .
    .. .
    what's the point in sayin' anythin' at all ?
    why not say somethin' to the effect :
    "i do not have the answer right now . . .
    let me check 'n i will try to get back to you" ?

    what i have seen in postings by some of the "regulars" . . .
    are political remarks or annotations, such as :
    "bless bush, down with kerry" . . . or "bless kerry, down with
    bush" . . .
    and these are totally against the community guidelines mandated by
    microsoft.com . . .
    primarily because there is no "relevance" with computer / general
    discussions . . .
    but . . . none of you criticize a regular here . . . seems you turn
    a blind eye ?

    i do not understand why you choose to criticize me.
    i would appreciate any further replies with my posting to be
    "relevant".

    "Tricia" <tricialal2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote
    | Is your keyboard broken? If not why is your posting interspersed with
    | periods and extra spaces?

    Not to mention the [shift], and [/] keys

    try yzshadow on the bottom of this page

    http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm

    Y'z Shadow is an enhancement software which adds a shadow effect to
    the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow".
    It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
    This software is free.

    The main features
    - Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
    - Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active
    window and a different one in the inactive window.
    - The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the
    option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
    - Add a drop shadow to the menus.
    - Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
    - The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your
    liking in the settings dialog.
    - It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
    - The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from
    having the drop shadow effect.
    - The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your
    windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar

    PnamaJck wrote:
    > i don't get it . . .
    >
    > i have never criticized anyone on this forum . . .
    > neither have i issued any derogatory remarks toward anyone . . .
    >
    > i have spent some time on the internet . . .
    > searching for an answer to my question . . .
    > 'n it is not an "ignorant" question by any means . . .
    >
    > i come to the microsoft.com message forum . . .
    > postin' my question, without CAPS . . .
    > searchin' for an intelligent response or resolution.
    >
    > if the two of you do not have anythin' of "relevance" to offer .
    > . .
    > what's the point in sayin' anythin' at all ?
    > why not say somethin' to the effect :
    > "i do not have the answer right now . . .
    > let me check 'n i will try to get back to you" ?
    >
    > what i have seen in postings by some of the "regulars" . . .
    > are political remarks or annotations, such as :
    > "bless bush, down with kerry" . . . or "bless kerry, down with
    > bush" . . .
    > and these are totally against the community guidelines mandated by
    > microsoft.com . . .
    > primarily because there is no "relevance" with computer / general
    > discussions . . .
    > but . . . none of you criticize a regular here . . . seems you turn
    > a blind eye ?
    >
    > i do not understand why you choose to criticize me.
    > i would appreciate any further replies with my posting to be
    > "relevant".
    >

    >>"Tricia" wrote:
    >>Is your keyboard broken? If not why is your posting interspersed with
    >>periods and extra spaces?
    >

    >>"a nonymous" wrote:
    >> Not to mention the [shift], and [/] keys

    ken . . .
    thanks for takin' the time out to respond.
    i have viewed the link you offered . . . 'n have also viewed the
    screen_shot of what the program is capable of doin' . . . the
    program is also a light-weight (350kb - right up my alley) . . . since,
    up 'til now i have no registry hack to accomplish the toolbar
    transpareny effect.
    one last thing . . . since you obviously use this product (your pic)
    .. . . does the software download place any malware (kazaa,
    wild_tangent, etc.) on the computer ?

    "kenny" wrote:
    > try yzshadow on the bottom of this page
    > http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
    > Y'z Shadow is an enhancement software which adds a shadow effect to
    > the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow".
    > It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
    > This software is free.
    > The main features
    > - Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
    > - Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active
    > window and a different one in the inactive window.
    > - The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the
    > option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
    > - Add a drop shadow to the menus.
    > - Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
    > - The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your
    > liking in the settings dialog.
    > - It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
    > - The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from
    > having the drop shadow effect.
    > - The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your
    > windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar

    No malware or spyware... its 100% clean!

    > ken . . .
    > thanks for takin' the time out to respond.
    > i have viewed the link you offered . . . 'n have also viewed the
    > screen_shot of what the program is capable of doin' . . . the
    > program is also a light-weight (350kb - right up my alley) . . .
    > since,
    > up 'til now i have no registry hack to accomplish the toolbar
    > transpareny effect.
    > one last thing . . . since you obviously use this product (your
    > pic)
    > . . . does the software download place any malware (kazaa,
    > wild_tangent, etc.) on the computer ?
    >
    > "kenny" wrote:
    >> try yzshadow on the bottom of this page
    >> http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
    >> Y'z Shadow is an enhancement software which adds a shadow effect to
    >> the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow".
    >> It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
    >> This software is free.
    >> The main features
    >> - Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
    >> - Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active
    >> window and a different one in the inactive window.
    >> - The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the
    >> option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
    >> - Add a drop shadow to the menus.
    >> - Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
    >> - The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your
    >> liking in the settings dialog.
    >> - It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
    >> - The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from
    >> having the drop shadow effect.
    >> - The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your
    >> windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar

    And works very nicely also from my experience to date

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > No malware or spyware... its 100% clean!
    >
    > "PnamaJck" <pnamajck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> ken . . .
    >> thanks for takin' the time out to respond.
    >> i have viewed the link you offered . . . 'n have also viewed
    >> the
    >> screen_shot of what the program is capable of doin' . . . the
    >> program is also a light-weight (350kb - right up my alley) . . .
    >> since,
    >> up 'til now i have no registry hack to accomplish the toolbar
    >> transpareny effect.
    >> one last thing . . . since you obviously use this product (your
    >> pic)
    >> . . . does the software download place any malware (kazaa,
    >> wild_tangent, etc.) on the computer ?
    >>
    >> "kenny" wrote:
    >>> try yzshadow on the bottom of this page
    >>> http://www.electricboom.com/download_plus.htm
    >>> Y'z Shadow is an enhancement software which adds a shadow effect to
    >>> the windows in pursuit of the "beauty of a shadow".
    >>> It also allows the user the option of making menus transparent.
    >>> This software is free.
    >>> The main features
    >>> - Attaches a drop shadow to the windows.
    >>> - Makes it possible to select one type of shadow effect in the active
    >>> window and a different one in the inactive window.
    >>> - The user can choose to have transparent menus. There is also the
    >>> option of selecting the degree of transparency in the menus.
    >>> - Add a drop shadow to the menus.
    >>> - Add a drop shadow to the taskbar.
    >>> - The width, depth, etc. of the drop shadows can all be set to your
    >>> liking in the settings dialog.
    >>> - It works correctly with either WindowsXP styles or classic style.
    >>> - The user can specify application windows that you wish to exclude from
    >>> having the drop shadow effect.
    >>> - The user can choose a setting that will automatically adjust your
    >>> windows so they do not overlap or interfere with the taskbar

Configuration Customization Windows XP